Chapter 10 - Mark

Blinking his eyes to adjust to the light, Katsuki pressed forwards with haste in his step. He's come so far, there's no stopping now.

The click-clack of shoes against the floor sent chills down Katsuki's spine.

Click-clack, click-clack, click-clack.

A voice, smooth as silk, bounced off the walls and down the endless hallways. "Ooh, Kaachaan~? Where are youu~?"

Katsuki picked up his pace, but not without the cost of his stealth.

Click-clack, click-clack, click-clack.

Spotting a sign for a stairwell, he made a beeline for the door ahead of him. His bare feet slapped loudly against the tiled floor. Reaching the door, he pulled it open and found a staircase going both up and down. How far down was Katsuki? Deciding to play it safe, he went up two floors. Worst case scenario, he could escape through a second-story window. If he had to escape with a broken leg then he had to escape with a broken leg.

Just as Katsuki had reached the door exiting the stairwell, he heard another door creaking open.

Click-clack, click-clack, click-clack.

"I'm coming, Kaachaan! Let's play hide and seek~!"

With an even hotter fire being lit under his ass, Katsuki slammed the door opened and booked it down the hallway.

His lungs were starting to strain, his limbs were becoming heavy. Sweat dripped from his body. He couldn't keep going.

Click-clack, click-clack, click-clack.

"You can't run forever Kaachaan, you'll tire eventuallllly~"

Stumbling to a stop, he turned and quietly opened a door. Closing it behind him just as quietly, he raised his eyes to assess the room. With a shocked gasp, he looked around and found... his things?

His comforters and blankets were on the bed. The books he had been reading before he was taken, rested neatly in a pile on a bedside table. The clutter he had around his room was here too. Finding another door in the room, he opened it to find a bathroom. His products were here. Wandering back out into the bedroom, there was a set of two white, wooden doors with slots in them. Opening them, he saw that all of his clothes were hung neatly inside, other clutter was piled on the floor inside.

Katsuki didn't have time to question why because outside the room, he heard the voice that sent such fear into him.

"Are you in here Kaaachaaan~?"

Katsuki's heart dropped as he saw the door handle rotate.

Ducking into the closet and closing the door behind him, he buried himself in the clutter.

The door opened.

"You can't hide from me Kacchan."

Katsuki fought to control his breathing but he was panting terribly hard. He feared that Deku would hear him.

What would he do if he found Katsuki?

"Come out, come out wherever you aree~"

Katsuki tightened his grip on the knife.

"I can hear your breathing, Kacchan. I know you're in hereeee~"

Katsuki slapped a hand over his mouth to hush himself, his breath laboring further.

"Are you under the bed~?"

He could hear the shuffling of feet.

"You're not here, I wonder... could you be inside the closet~?"