Chapter 9 - Alone

Hours after Deku left, the door clicked open. Katsuki was curled up inside of his blanket, his head throbbing with a dull headache. His eyes were painfully dry and his nose was stuffy. He didn't want to look at Deku but he knew what kind of deal he just made. Rolling over and slowly sitting up on his side, he gazed up at Deku with tired eyes.

Deku loomed over Katsuki with a grin. "I brought you lunch and a little something else."

Rubbing his eyes and fully sitting up, he asked, "What is it?" He tried to peek behind Deku's back but he still couldn't see the mystery item.

Deku tipped his head side to side in thought. Bending down to come close to Katsuki's face, he giggled, "It can be all yours for a kiss~"

Katsuki's face scrunched up in uncertainty. "Just one kiss?"

Coming even closer so they were inches apart, he said suggestively, "Unless you beg for more~"

"Tell me what it is first," he demanded stubbornly.

"It's proof that your little Kirishima arrived safely at a hospital," Deku replied with a chuckle.

Katsuki cringed at the thought of kissing him again but, it was only one kiss. After leaning forward and placing a slow, cold, unloving kiss on Deku's lips, he pulled away and crossed his arms with an expectant look.

Deku seemed irritated, it was hidden behind a mask but Katsuki could feel it. "Well, that wasn't much but I got my kiss, you can have what you wanted now." Deku handed him his lunch bag. Katsuki opened it up and found a sandwich just like other days, but behind it was a series of photographs. Most of the pictures were of Deku posing next to Eijirou's lifeless body but many of them showed the background to be of a local hospital.

Did that mean that they were close to that hospital? Maybe Katsuki could figure out his location? But how could he know the hospital was nearby? What if Deku took him to a hospital far away?

The last picture was taken from a long way away, the camera angle was pointed to a patient room through a window. Eijirou was sitting in a bed as nurses stood around him. In the corner of the picture was a newspaper that had today's date as definitive proof that this happened today.

Muscling down his already damaged pride, he quietly said, "Thank you, Izuku," and placed the pictures aside.

Deku leaned forward with his hand cupping his ear and a smug expression. "What was that, Kacchan? Could you repeat that for me?"

Katsuki gritted his teeth but soon released the tension. With a sigh, he repeated louder, "Thank you, Izuku."

Deku's eyes turned to a sweet and satisfactory gaze. Stepping away, Deku turned towards the door.

"Izuku?"

Deku brought his gaze back to the boy he loved so dearly. "Yes, doll?"

"Will you..." Katsuki's tried but his voice was too quiet, raising it, he asked softly, "Will you please stay?"

Deku giggled happily and bounced back over to Katsuki. "What is it, Kacchan?"

Katsuki lightly patted the ground in front of him, signaling Deku to sit. He opened his arms slightly, moving in slowly with uncertainty, he wrapped his arms around Deku. Tears pricked at his eyes and with a shaky voice, he said, "I don't want to be alone." He hugged Deku tightly as if he'd disappear if Katsuki didn't hold on hard enough.

Deku melted into Katsuki, drinking up the warmth. "You'd never feel alone with me, Kacchan. Submit to me and I will give you all the love that you deserve."

If Deku had been looking at Katsuki's face, he would've seen the glint in Katsuki's eye.

"Never."

In a flash, Katsuki turned Deku around so his back was facing Katsuki's chest. He grasped the discarded chains and pulled them up to wrap around Deku's throat.

Deku kicked and scrambled, his hands flying up to claw at the chains but Katsuki had him trapped.

This was it.

Katsuki was going to escape.

Once Deku had fallen silent, Katsuki set him down and stood up. With determination, he spoke aloud, "I'm coming, Eijirou."

Kneeling down, he searched Deku for anything useful. Katsuki took his vest and put it on to have some kind of covering, inside it was a key and a knife. Trying the key on the barred door, the lock clicked and the door opened.

Adrenaline rushed inside him. He never thought he would've made it this far. Opening the other door, he found himself in the hallway.

Silently, he jogged through the hallways. He had already deduced that he was underground, his first plan of action was to find stairs going up. All that could be heard was the sound of bare feet hitting tile.

After wandering the maze of hallways for what felt like hours, he still couldn't find anything. His movement was paused when most of the lights went out and Katsuki was surrounded by darkness. Some lights were still on but dimmed.

Katsuki knew what this meant. Gripping the knife tightly in his hand, he feared for the worst.

Deku was awake.