Chapter 20 - A Happy Ending

Katsuki sat in a large leather recliner, the crackling of the fire in the fireplace relaxing him even more. The living room was bathed in soft, warm light. In his left hand, he held up a book. The light caught the wedding band on Katsuki's right hand just perfectly. That hand was currently occupied by another. He squeezed the other's hand, smiling when he received a squeeze back. Katsuki snuggled deeper into his turtleneck sweater, relishing the warmth. He loved the comparison between their warm home and the sparkling snow falling outside. Bringing his eyes up, he tilted his head and smiled fondly at his husband.

Eijirou Bakugo. Has a nice ring to it, don'tcha think?

Eijirou looked up from his phone to return an award-winning smile back to Katsuki. It melted Katsuki's heart to see that smile. He could gaze at Eijirou for an eternity.

Putting his book down and saving his place, he turned to Eijirou and leaned in to give him a small, sweet kiss. Though the moment was broken when from behind, they heard an exclaimed, "Ewww!"

With a playful roll of his eyes, Katsuki turned around to look over the back of his chair. "What, I'm not allowed to kiss Daddy anymore?"

One of the two children stuck out his tongue in disgust. "It's gross! Why would you wanna kiss anybody!?"

The other one, a girl, answered instead, "They kiss because they love each other, duh! And why would you say it's gross? You said you wanna kiss that really pretty girl in our class."

The boy blushed bright pink and retaliated by saying, "Well you wanna kiss her too!"

She crossed her arms and taunted, "At least I'm not afraid to admit it!"

Katsuki righted himself back into his seat and said, "You're not allowed to kiss anyone until you're my age."

He could hear his kids gasp from behind the chair. "But Dad, you're old!" She whined.

Katsuki snorted, "Hey, I'm not that old!" Eijirou fondly shook his head and pulled up his seat then stood and headed towards the kitchen. "Where're ya going?" Katsuki asked.

"I'm making dinner tonight," Eijirou responded casually.

Katsuki scoffed in amusement. "You can't cook for shi-" Eijirou whipped his head around to give Katsuki a warning glance before he could finish the word. "-iiiiitake mushroom." They both sighed in relief after the quick save.

Settling into his chair to keep relaxing, he let his mind wander as his kids ran around the room behind him. Katsuki was incredibly lucky to have the life he did now. He knew now that he deserved happiness and he would fight tooth and claw to ensure his children grew up to be this happy.

Katsuki subconsciously lifted his hand to his chest as his mind strayed to the darker parts of his past. One time his kids caught a glimpse of his mark. When they asked about it, Katsuki simply told them it was an I for I survived. When they asked what he survived, he told them, "It was only a villain."

He tried not to think of his time with Izuku too often. It was in the past, he only had to accept that it happened and move on. He knew it was over and he was safe now, Izuku was gone and he wasn't ever coming back.

Katsuki read the suicide note.

And he saw the body.

Izuku was dead and he was going to stay dead this time.

It took a long time for Katsuki to heal from that period in his life, and he still was. Once both he and Eijirou had gotten better, Katsuki had taken a shot at love again and he definitely won. Katsuki finally had his happy ending.