Chapter 19 - The Villain

"Hey, Kacchan~"

Katsuki's throat closed up. He never should've left. He made a mistake and Eijirou was going to pay for it. Holding the phone with both hands to stop his hand from shaking, he gulped and whispered, "Izuku?"

Izuku chuckled then remarked, "You really made it all the way into town and to the police station in three hours? I gotta tell you, I'm impressed."

"Izuku, what did you do with Eijirou?"

He scoffed in response. "Oh him? He's right here with me." Izuku directed his voice to Eijirou. "Kirishima, wanna say hi to Kacchan?" Katsuki could hear muffled yelling in the background, then Izuku turned back to the phone. "He's a bit tied up right now, you'll have to talk to him later."

"Izuku, please, I am begging you not to hurt him." Katsuki had to keep his voice hushed to avoid unwanted attention.

Izuku sighed. "You know, I'm really disappointed in you. You were doing so well. What happened, Kacchan? I did everything just right. I gave you my love and my trust. We lived in a decent house in a decent neighborhood, what more could you want?

"Izuku please! I'll come back to you and never leave you again! I'm sorry! I am so, so sorry! Please forgive me, Izuku!"

Izuku laughed. "Do you remember what you offered me in exchange for saving Kirishima's life? You told me you'd love me. You told me you'd devote yourself to me. And you told me that you'd never leave me. You broke your promise, Kacchan, and now, I'm going to break Kirishima."

"Please tell me what I can do to make this up to you! Don't hurt him, he has nothing to do with this!"

"I want you to watch Kirishima die."

"Izuku please! What can I give you? What can I do for you?"

"If we're going to be happy together, it's clear now that I have to remove all distractions. Kirishima needs to be erased along with all his temptations."

"...What are you going to do to him?"

"Well, Kacchan, I'm going to kill him and he's going to suffer all night long. If he lasts that long, that is. If you come back to me, I'll let you put an end to his suffering."

"Where are you?"

"I want you to come to where this all started, at midnight. And I'm sure it goes without saying, if you tell the police, you will regret it."

"Started? I don't know where you took me-"

Izuku cut Katsuki off. "I'll see you later, Kacchan~"

The line went dead, leaving Katsuki to wonder, just what was he going to do?

——*——

Katsuki took in a deep breath of the frigid night air. Pulling his hood down and looking up, he hardened his gaze. He was back at one of the loneliest buildings he's ever had the displeasure of being in.

His middle school.

Checking around himself before hopping the fence, he found a side door wide open. Izuku was here.

Cautiously heading inside, he kept his guard up, ready for anything. Snapping his attention to a faint noise, he started creeping in that direction to investigate. As he got closer, he realized the noise was muffled screaming. Picking up his pace, he realized where he was going as the noise became clearer. Pushing open the door, he found Izuku sitting in his old seat and Eijirou tied to Katsuki's old chair. Eijirou was bruised and bloody, panting as he tried to breathe. Katsuki clamped his hands over his mouth in shock.