Chapter 12 - My Hero

After his shower, he felt much more refreshed. The emotional outburst helped too. Katsuki dried off before finally slipping on some fresh clothes. He had to admit, he was glad he wouldn't have to deal with Deku hungrily gazing at his abs like he was just a piece of meat anymore.

Exiting the bathroom, his heart jumped when he saw Deku sitting on the bed, facing him. Deku eyes dropped down to Katsuki's chest with a pout. "What?" Katsuki spat.

"I miss your perfectly sculpted chest," Deku whined then giggled, "Well, on second thought, you won't need it anymore now that you're retired and all. I'll love you no matter what you look like~"

"I don't want to retire," Katsuki grumbled under his breath.

"Speak up." Deku snapped quickly.

Katsuki narrowed his eyes and looked away, raising his voice. "I don't want to retire."

Deku tsked and shook his head slowly. "You don't have to be a hero, Kacchan. You're already my hero."

"But I've worked my entire life to be #1 and I've finally made it! I can't stop now!" Katsuki protested.

"I can't allow you to continue to do something that doesn't make you happy."

Katsuki gaped his mouth open in shock. Becoming defensive, he dismissed Deku's words. "I love being a hero!"

Deku shot up to his feet, standing inches away from Katsuki. "Don't lie to me, Kacchan!" Deku stuck an accusatory finger into Katsuki's chest, just below the mark. "I've had cameras in your house for years, I know how unhappy you are, even if you won't admit it to yourself!"

"You put cameras in my house!?"

"Oh please." Deku rolled his eyes then threw his hands up, "Whatever! I put cameras in your house, sue me! It's not like that's the worst thing I've done, get over it!" Huffing, he retracted his hands and said, "What I want to know is, why are you unhappy?"

Katsuki hadn't realized he had been backing up but now he was against the wall. Nowhere to run. "I'm not!"

"I thought I told you not to lie to me," Deku growled, pressing in closer.

"I'm... I'm not!"

"Kacchan. Tell me the truth, why are you unhappy being a professional hero?"

Sweat dripped from his forehead. Everything was so complicated. It was hard to put into words. "I- I..." Deku's gaze hardened, prompting Katsuki to answer further. "No one truly thinks I'm a hero," he said then whispered, "they all think of me as a villain."

Deku softened, placing a hand on Katsuki's cheek to comfort him. "Society never judges fairly. They believe simply what their eyes tell them and cast away all thoughts that oppose their own." Katsuki gazed into Izuku's eyes, and what he saw wasn't the hollow shell of a man.

What he saw was a damaged boy.

"Society is cruel. You will never be happy pleasing them. It will never be enough. You will always be a villain in their eyes, Kacchan." Izuku gazed right back into Katsuki's eyes, their faces mere inches apart. "But you will always, always, be my hero."

Katsuki didn't know what came over him but one moment he was gazing into Izuku's emerald eyes and the next, he was crashing his lips into Izuku's.

The kiss was long and slow, only breaking away for air. Izuku had stars in his eyes. Dazed, Izuku giggled, "Do that more often and you'll be down a good path." Katsuki placed a hand over his mouth. Why did he just do that? Whatever the reason, Katsuki wanted that again.