BONUS CHAPTER (1/2)- Katsuki's Happy Ending

Hello, I'm back! I saw that I got 90k reads on this trash fic so uh thanks guys! A lot of people have been demanding to know the "true" ending so uh, I wrote it! (Hehe, at least one of them.)

Eijirou trudged down the hall, bare feet freezing on the wooden floors. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes as he peeked into the kids' room, smiling when he saw that both of them were fast asleep. Then he heard an explosion.

It was quiet, like the usual pops that followed any of Katsuki's stronger emotions. He normally would have ignored it. But then he heard a strangled cry, striking against the instincts he'd grown over his pro hero career. Something was wrong.

With quiet haste, he crept down the hall and peered around the corner. His gaze snapped to Katsuki, alone in an armchair by the fire.

While keeping an eye out, he approached his husband. Though his heart dropped when he finally rounded the chair and saw his face.

Katsuki was curled into himself, one hand clutching at his neck, the other at his scar. His face was wet with tears and snot. Tremors ran up and down his body, only making him curl tighter.

"Katsu? Baby?" Eijirou crouched down to eye level. "It's me. It's Eijirou. Everything's okay. Everyone is safe."

His words were met with a blank wall, so he tentatively touched Katsuki's arm, making the man's head shoot up.

His eyes were glazed over with fear. Gaze, searching and wild.

"It's me, Baby?" Eijirou smiled, though strained.

Katsuki stared hard at him, then blinked rapidly and shook his head. When he opened his eyes again, Eijirou saw recognition in them, then fear.

Eijirou flinched as two hands shot towards him and grabbed him by the shoulders, tense and frantic. "He's here! Eiji he's here! You need to run!"

He folded careful hands over his husband's. "He's gone now, Katsu. Everyone is okay. See? I'm okay."

Tears rocketed off his face as he shook his head. "No! No, he's here! He– He's going to– He's– Eiji please!" His voice was hysterical.

"Okay. Okay, where is he? How's he get in?" He moved to stand, but his husband's grip clamped down harder.

"He'll– He– The window!"

"The window? Did he come in through the window?" Eijirou followed his gaze to the closed window, rain pattering against the glass. When he turned back, he smiled again. "The floor is dry, baby. See? Look, it's dry."

Katsuki stared long and hard at the floor by the window, face scrunched up in thought. Then he slowly looked back to Eijirou, lost. "But– But he– He said..."

"I know, Baby. I know." Eijirou swallowed down his despair. "Can I hold you?"

Distantly, Katsuki nodded.

Gently, he pulled the man in close, rubbing his back in small circles. "It's okay. He isn't here. We're okay."

"But– But he..." He continued to ramble into Eijirou's chest until it dissolved back into choked sobs. Fists clenched at the back of his shirt, pulling him impossibly closer.

Eijirou repeated soft assurances and promises of safety while stroking the back of Katsuki's head.

There was one point when his cries– Eijirou hated that he knew this– switched from scared to angry. His fists drew back to his body, then weakly pounded at Eijirou's chest.

He hated this part, they both did.  Frustration, rage, humiliation. The Right After when Katsuki had calmed down and then realized what had happened. Eijirou never faulted him for a heartbeat, but Katsuki was always embarrassed.

Embarrassed he made Eijirou worry, embarrassed he showed weakness, and embarrassed that man still had so much power over him.

He hissed and growled and beat on Eijirou's chest, muttering, "Damnit! Fuck– Again! Goddamnit!"

Eijirou hated this because there was nothing he could do. He hadn't been there long and he still woke up in cold sweats and racing hearts. They'd both gone through hell, but he couldn't begin to imagine what happened to Katsuki.

All he could do was sit there and try his hardest to hold all the broken pieces together, that was Katsuki.

When the cursing dissolved into faint murmurs, he asked, "Do you wanna come to bed now?"

The head against his chest nodded.

"Okay. Let's go." Eijirou pulled back slowly and stood, nudging his husband along with him. Katsuki kept his eyes away.

He led the man to their bedroom and into the bed, sliding in behind him. Tentatively, he laid an arm over him and pressed his chest to Katsuki's back.

A hand found his and pulled Eijirou in closer. "Goodnight, Eiji," he whispered, small and barely there.

"Goodnight, Katsu." Eijirou let him hold onto him like a lifeline. "I love you."

Thanks for reading, especially if you were one of the ones here when this was originally coming out. Part of the point of the ending was to be open-ended and spooky, and the plan was not to write any more because the book is done. But I no longer care about the principles of the book! So here you go! This is part (1/2) different endings. The next one will be Izuku's Happy Ending, dropping on 12/23. I'll see you then!

(Ps: I'm slowly inching away towards Ao3. You can find me there as EmRaEv. I'll try not to forget about you guys though! Y'all can have my rough drafts lmao.)