Chapter 14 - A Villain

He never had an easy life. It's hard to be labeled as a villain from such a young age.

He was always alone.

Putting on his black uniform and his backpack, he headed out the door. He always walked to school alone, with no friends to keep him company. Watching the sky as he walked, he sighed, seeing his breath. The sky was gray and cloudy, a perfect mirror of how he felt inside.

Making it to school, he dodged people in the hallways to get to class. It was easier to avoid people sometimes. Sitting down at his desk, he pulled out his books and set up his work. The class was lively and rambunctious, as the teacher hadn't arrived yet. Paper airplanes took over the sky, pencils were flung, kids laughed and yelled.

He never joined these kids. He didn't belong with them.

When the teacher arrived and settled the class down to start taking attendance, he stopped paying attention and took his pencil to draw on his desk. The droning of the teacher only motivated him further to ignore him. Answering when he was called, he brought his head back down to lay on his desk.

What was the point of it all? He guessed that this was just one step on his path to greatness. He knew that trying to be a hero would be a rough path but he never thought it would be so lonely.

Once he was a hero, he'd show them all that he was worth the time of day. Being a hero had been his passion since he was younger. He always said he'd do it with his childhood friend but once they found out about the quirklessness and everything, it didn't look like that was happening anymore. He regretted that more than anything.

He only wanted his friend back... and maybe something more than that if he wanted it as well. Though he knew that would never happen. For multiple reasons. His ex-friend hated him, why shouldn't he?

He deserved it.

He had been so lost in his head that he forgot about class. The teacher was bringing the school day to a close. He glanced at his old friend's desk before he stood up as the bell rang. Leaving quickly, he sped walked down a hall of taunting voices sneering insults at him.

He just wanted it all to end.

His lonely walk home had marked the end of the day just for him to wake up the next and do it all over again.

Arriving home, he quietly greeted his mother as he walked in. His father wasn't there at the moment.

Climbing up the stairs, he locked himself away in his room. Laying on his bed and crying, he used a pillow to muffle his noises so as to not alarm his mother that anything was wrong.

See, this was part of the routine.

It was at these times when he wondered why the world was so cruel?

Why couldn't he have any friends?

Why did no one care?

Why couldn't he be happy?

Why was he born quirkless?

Why was he born Izuku Midoriya?

Shooting up awake, breathing heavily, Izuku frantically searched around himself. It was still dark in his room, moonlight pouring in through the window. Patting the bed around him, he let out a sigh of relief as he felt a warm body sleeping peacefully next to him. It must've just been a dream. Looking down at Katsuki again, he realized that he was awake. Their arms and legs were tangled together in the warm bed.

"Izu, what're you-" Katsuki yawned "-doing awake? Go back to sleep."

Izuku grinned and cuddled into Katsuki. "Yes, dear."

He finally had everything he could ever want in life.

He had Katsuki, and he will never let him go.