To The Doctor

Levi went to get ready for bed, but once he got into his bed, he didn't sleep. He sat there for a bit more than an hour thinking. Everything was jumbled in his head; he wasn't sure what to think. The main question he thought was
"Why Do I Love Her?"
This echoed in his head, he couldn't think straight. He never had been this in love. He did have slight feelings for Petra Ral, but this feeling eventually faded away. This was different, he had known Hanji for awhile. All those memories he had with Hanji were now special, he treasured them more. All these thoughts started to make him drift into sleep.

The next morning was the day he would take Hanji to the doctor. He opened his eyes slowly and turned to his side.. He then jolt up as he noticed the clock said "9:00".
"Crap! Hanji's appointment was at 8:25!" Levi grunted.
He quickly undressed, put on his white, long-sleeved shirt, put on a black blazer and fit his cravat into his collar. As he opened the door he checked to make sure no one was watching. Since the coast was clear he raced to Hanji's room down the hall. He quickly yet carefully picked her up. Unfortunately, the doctor was in town. When he got outside to leave, He really didn't want to hurt her, so when he put her on the horse, he actually put her in front of himself (so she was practically sitting in his lap). He hoped NO ONE would see him. He charged his horse into town so nobody would get the chance to tell who it was.

When he got to the hospital he carried Hanji in, hoping they would still let him in even tho he was really late. He went up to the counter. "Appointment for 8:25" he said.
"Umm, I'm not supposed to let you in, but you seem to be in a pretty bad situation. Let me see what I can do." The lady with a beige apron said while looking at the bruised girl in his arms. She got up and walked out into another room. Levi tapped his foot on the ground as he impatiently waited for the lady to return.
Moments later she came back in.
"Go through those doors, take a right and down that hallway the second door down to your left is where Dr. Zerlo is. Tell him what the matter is." She explained.
"Ok.. Thanks" levi muttered as he quickly walked out. He couldn't use his hands, so he when he got to the room he kicked the door a few times hoping it was the right room and the doctor would open the door to the knocking. Levi waited a second, and then heard footsteps coming towards the door. The man opened it, and immediately looked down at Hanji.
"Please, come in. Place her on the cot." He said pointing down at the little bed on the floor of the small brown room. Levi bent down and placed her onto the small, gray cot. Hanji's feet hung off the end, but probably would've been the perfect size for himself.
"So, what happened?" Dr. Zerlo asked.
"She was crushed by some rubble." Levi said getting straight to the point.
"I see. So, let me take a look.." The tall thin man said. He walked over to the bed and leaned over Hanji. He started with looking at cuts and gashes. He lifted up her shirt to reveal gauze wrapped around her waist. "I see you've been taking care of her." The Doctor said.
"Yeah, I would just check up on her occasionally." Levi said shifting his eyes to the left.
"May I?" Dr. Zerlo asked lightly holding onto the gauze. Levi gave a small nod and he proceeded to take off the gauze to reveal a deep gash right above her right hip. "This looks like it may be infected.. How was it made?.. The cut," the man said.
"Either by wood or glass" Levi responded.
"So did you check if any glass or wood was still in her side?" The asked still looking at the cut.
Levi's eyes widened. "No.." He said under his breath.
"How could I be so immature!!" Levi yelled in his head. "Why didn't I check..Ugh.." He thought again.
"Ok, well let's see what else there is.." Dr. Zerlo said. He saw the bruised mess where her ribs are. He very light pushed their and noticed her ribs shattered. "Well her ribs seem to be shattered, so we're definitely going to have to have surgery for that.." The doctor said while looking at other cuts.
"Ok, so it just seems she has a concussion, shattered ribs, and a broken wrist. Besides that, she's just cut up and we need to put a little medicine on that. And for the gash on her side, we'll probably need to cut that open to get whatever's in there out, because it seems to be infecting it." He said to Levi.
"O-Ok... When is this surgery going to be done?" Levi asked with a pause.
"Whenever your want. If you want us to do it now, we can start in a few hours.." Dr. Zerlo informed him.
"Um... Yeah, ok. We can do that" Levi said.
"Ok, good. But there is one thing.." The doctor said.
"What. . ." Levi said, not sure if he wanted to her the answer.
"There is a very high possibility on her not making it.. I'm surprised she's still alive now! I don't think she'll able to make it through a surgery for her ribs and that gash.." He said hoping Levi would take the news well.
Levi's eyes widened as much as they could, and his face flushed white. He slowly sat down in the wooden chair in the corner. He didn't know if her wanted to cry or yell. He just started having many thoughts in his head "why.. Why now.. Why to me.." He whispered quietly not expecting Dr. Zerlo to hear it, but he did.
Dr. Zerlo leaned next to Levi and put his hand on his shoulder "Is she your wife?" He asked Levi. Levi turned to look at him with surprise. His face started to change from white to red.
"No, no. Just my.. er.. Friend." Levi responded trying to keep his cool.
"Ok, well you better get going, I'm gonna call my nurses and prep her for surgery." The doctor said. Levi got up and as he walked out the room, he turned and said. "Th-thank you.." The doctor gave a small smile and a little nod, and Levi left.