Get Prepared

((A/N: the photo has nothing to do with the story, it's just something I drew on my iPad :3 hope you like it! >.<))

The next few days mostly consisted of combat training just in case we did run into members of that gang as we were on our mission. On the night before we would go, I let the four cadets, Mikasa, Armin, Eren, and Jean go to bed early to go get some extra rest because we were getting up early.

"Mikasa, Armin, Eren, Jean! You are dismissed for the night." I called out during training.

"Yes!" Eren and Jean cheered and the four walked off. Sasha groaned and threw her head back as they left. "Not fair.." She mumbled.

"What was that?" I shouted over to her.

"N-nothing!" She responded nervously. I would have had made her run laps but I just didn't feel like it... Yeah, I just didn't feel like it.

Ugh, who am I kidding.. It's not that. I didn't even think of it because right after I finished talking to her my mind bounced right back to Hanji.

She's driving me nuts. I got to visit her tonight..

"Hey, you guys keep sparring while I go do something. If I come back to find you not training no meals tomorrow!" I yelled to the leftover cadets with my hands lifted at the sides of my mouth.

"Yessir!" They responded. They continued to swing at each other as I walked inside. After entering the building, I immediately started to speed walk which progressed into a run. When I reached Hanji's infirmary room, I stopped at the door to get myself together so it wouldn't look like I was sprinting around the whole freaking building. I reached for the bronze doorknob and entered.
There sat Hanji, on the pure white bed, reading Armin's book with a piece of bread halfway in her mouth. She still looked a little on the pale side.

"Hi Levi!" Hanji said with a full mouth after she tore a chunk off of the loaf with her teeth.

"Where did you get that?" I asked, ignoring her greeting.

She paused to swallow the food in her mouth. "Get what?" She asked while tilting her head slightly to the side.

"The bread, you idiot." I said stoically while pointing at the brown loaf in her hand.

"Oh, Armin came to ask me if I knew where his book was before he went to bed and I showed him that I had it. I asked him if I could hold onto it for a bit to read it some more and he said ye-"

"The bread, Hanji...." I sighed, stopping her from adding more to this useless information.

"I asked him to get me a loaf from the kitchen." She plainly said.

"Are you allowed to eat that? Is it okay with the nurses?" I asked, concerned.

"I don't know." Hanji said nonchalantly while shrugging her shoulders.

"Then don't eat it. You might get sick." I walked over and went to take the bread from her but she stretched her arm out in the other direction.

"Why do you care?" She asked.

I sighed in agitation. "Because, I want you to get better so I don't have to take care of you anymore, you idiot."

"Eh I'm sure I'm fine." She said without worry. And with that she started to get up.

"What are you doing?" I questioned as she spun her legs off the side of the bed.

"Leaving."

"You can't just do that."

"Sure I can." And then she stood up. "Hellooooo floor."

"Oh my gosh..." I sighed to myself while pitching the bridge of my nose.

"Ow." I heard her mumble to herself as she went to clutch her stomach.

"Okay no. I heard that. You aren't going anywhere." I swept her off her feet plopped her back down on the white bed.

She groaned. "Come ooooon. I was just being dramatic, it actually didn't hurt, I swear." She said in defense.

"So if I slapped your stomach it wouldn't hurt?" I asked, stumping her for a moment.

"Okay well any slap from you would hurt even if I wasn't in pain."

"So you admit it? You're in pain."

"No- I- I mean- ugh whatever okay you got me it still hurts. I'm just tired of being here. Hmph." And then she crossed her arms.

"Just, promise me you'll stay here tomorrow and not do anything stupid while I'm gone."

"Fine. I'm staying put." She sighed in defeat.

"Good," I said, "I'm going to bed now, so see you tomorrow. Hopefully anyways." And then I turned to walk out.

"Wait what do you mean by 'hopefully'?!" She yelled at me.

"Bye" I said with a smirk as I shut the door behind me and left, completely ignoring her question.

"Ughhhh" I heard her groan through the door after I closed it.

Oh yeah I almost forgot about the cadets outside.

I opened the door to outside and saw the leftover soldiers still swinging at each other, but now it slowly and lazily. I stepped out the door, then slammed it behind me. They all jumped at the sudden sound and whipped their heads in my direction. Once they realized it was me, they immediately started to spar stronger than ever.

"You're done for today. Get your butts in here." I shouted to them. They sighed with relief and ran inside.

~Time Skip~

I laid in bed that night, staring at the ceiling.

The things you do for the people you love.. I thought to myself. Do I really need to do this? It's just some crappy information that we probably already know. I sighed then turned to lay on my side.

I hope you know I'm doing this because I love you, Hanji.

~~~

Okay WOW I'M TERRIBLE
First off, this was a terrible chapter,
Second, I haven't updated in FOREVER so sorry guys I'm just so lazy lol.
Anyways, I'll try to keep up a little more, I just haven't been in the "mood" to write recently.
ANYWAYYYYY
Thanks soooo much for reading! Please
Like
Comment
and Share!
Love y'all!

~Charlotte ps