She Can't Leave Me

When Levi got out of the shower, he got dressed into his white, button-down shirt and black dress pants. He then fitted his cravat into his collar, making sure it was straight. He put his black blazer over and around sleeves. He gave it a little tug on the sides near the buttons to straighten it out. He picked up the wooden comb and neatly dragged it through his hair, making sure it was tidy. He leaned closer to the mirror and used his index finger to fix any fly-away hairs in front of his face. He picked up his toothbrush, ran it under the water, applied the toothpaste, and brushed his teeth for about 2-3 minuets. Levi then took some mouthwash and rinsed. He stood up straight, gave a tug to his blazer one last time, then left the bathroom.

He walked down the halls with the same blank face he usually has. Everyone was still asleep so he didn't have to worry about running into anyone and having to explain why he was all dressed up. He walked outside, hopped on his horse, and rode into town.

It seemed ghostly. No one talking. No one outside walking around. No one nearby the market. He felt awkward by himself but, at the moment, it didn't matter, he just needed to get to Hanji.

When he arrived at the hospital, he tied his horse up front and walked in, making sure he had his blank face on. He needed to keep his reputation as Humanity's Strongest.
He walked in and put his forearm on the counter right next to the sign in/out binder. He filled in his name and the date as the young lady at the desk spoke to him.

"What room are you looking for?" She asked with a grin, turning away from all the scattered papers her desk and now facing Levi.

"Hanji-Zoë." Levi simply stated.

"Oh yes. She's now in room 132, second floor." She said, pointing to the stair case entrance as she looked down at the information book.

"Thanks." Levi said as he started to leave. Once he entered through the door for the tall staircase, he started to race up them, stumbling every now and then. He would have skipped every other step, but he knew it would just slow him down with those short short legs of his. Once he reached the second floor he majorly slowed down. When walking out of the staircase, in front of him was a small sign that had miniature arrows pointing to what room numbers were where.

<- 101-150 | 151-200->

Levi turned left and walked counting in his head

"102, 104, 106, 108, 110..." Etcetera. As he walked he got faster and faster.

"OUT OF THE WAY, OUT OF THE WAY!" Someone yelled out to Levi. Unexpectedly, around the corner came two men and a woman pushing someone on a stretcher. The person was unconscious on the bed and had an oxygen mask strapped around his nose and mouth. Levi quickly threw his back against wall and stood on his tip-toes to make as much room as possible. Levi watched with wide eyes as the 3 people raced down pushing the man on the stretcher. He stood there for a second, thinking about Hanji going into surgery. Was it like this? He started to worry. He started to run again. The numbers on the wall escalated as he turned the corner and proceeded running.

"129, 130, 131...132..." Levi thought as he slowed down.
There it was. 132. All he had to do was open the door. He slowly reached forward towards the doorknob, as if he was scared to see what would be in there.

"Come On, Levi. What's wrong with you?" He thought to himself, but making the expression as if he were to say it. After thinking that, the sped up and put his hand on the doorknob. He paused before he actually opened it, but then decided to just open the door. He opened the door a bit on the slower side. The room was white and so was everything it, even Hanji. Levi didn't even notice the doctor as he stared at Hanji with his silver eyes opened much wider than usual. Hanji's face was completely flushed from its color. She too had an oxygen mask on.