Arguments

"All right! So I got sandwiches for me and Levi and soup for you, Hanji. I wasn't sure if it would be hard or not for you to eat a sandwich." Lydia said as she placed the basket on the table.

"Okay, four-eyes, let's eat." I said to Hanji. I held my hand out to help her out of bed. She grabbed it and started to lift herself up as I pulled.

"Agh! L-Levi.." She yelled while squeezing her eye shut. She clutched her stomach where the gash was with her free arm. I stopped what I was doing.

"Sorry, it really hurts..." She apologized quietly. "Um, Lydia? Can eat in bed?" She continued, catching Lydia's attention.

"Of course. I'm sorry, I didn't know it would hurt so much for you to get up. Stay right there." She said with a small smile.

As I helped Hanji to lay back down onto the bed, Lydia grabbed a spoon and brought the bowl of soup over.

"Here, sit up so you can eat." I said while I placed one hand behind Hanji's back and the other in front of her again. She hesitantly grabbed it with both of her hands.

"Be careful with my wrist, by the way." She informed me.
I looked at her wrist and saw how swollen it was. I then remembered it was supposed to be bandaged due to her Titan encounter awhile ago.

"Sure thing." I responded. I grabbed her uninjured hand and she placed her injured one lightly on top of it. I pulled her up into position.

"Here you go!" Lydia said cheerfully while placing the bowl in her lap.

"Thanks so much, Lydia. This is really nice of you." Hanji said with a smile while picking up her spoon.

"No problem! I'm glad I can help." Lydia kindly responded.

"Ahem!" I coughed, glaring at Hanji.

"And thank you, Levi, for everything." Hanji said with a slight laugh while playfully rolling her eyes.

"So!" Lydia exclaimed while clapping her hands, catching our attention. "Let's finally eat!"

I stood up, walked over to the table, and sat in the seat to the left. While I did so, Lydia grabbed a plate and placed it in front of me.
The sandwich she gave me was turkey, lettuce, and tomato. I took a bite. The bread was a little stale, but besides that, it was one the best things I've eaten in awhile. As we ate, I started to hear Hanji giggle from the bed.

"Is there a problem, Four-Eyes?" I asked, sounding annoyed.

"No, no. I was just thinking of when I spilled jambalaya on you." She said with a laugh.

"Yeah, then I had to clean up the mess you made. Then you didn't listen to me and went outside. Now look where we are now." I said with a slight scoff.

She slowly looked back down at her bowl, obviously hurt by what I said.

"Yeah..." She mumbled.

...Dang it... Why did I say that?

I didn't want to ruin my chances with her. I looked at her and saw her cheeks were red with embarrassment and her eyes watered up. I sighed through my nose and faced towards the table again. Lydia abruptly cleared her throat, which made me glance at her. She was staring right at me, obviously trying to catch my attention.

"Levi!" She said quietly.

"What?" I said in a hoarse whisper.

"Apologize! Look how hurt she is!" She whispered back.

I turned around and looked at her. Her cheeks had a few streaks on it. "Fine..." I sighed again and stood up from my seat and approached the bed. I sat on the edge, near her feet. She didn't bother looking up.