Run to Her Side

Levi was in the kitchen making his morning cup of tea. As he stirred the tea, Hanji walked in.

"H-Hanji!??!!" Levi exclaimed wondering how in the world she got there. "I thought you were in the hospital.." he said putting his tea down and grabbing her hands.

"What do you mean? I'm right here.." Hanji responded. She gave a smile and giggled.

"I don't ...understand... But I need to tell you something.. ... ... I..." He paused and looked down and to the left then looked back into her golden brown eyes, taking a small step forward "..I love you.." Levi eventually stuttered out.

"..I love y-" Hanji began, but she stopped and stared coughing, harder and harder.
"LEVI!" She screamed as she collapsed onto the floor; one hand on her chest the other reaching up for Levi as she tried to breathe in air. It starting getting so severe, She started coughing up blood into the hand that was recently against her chest and was now in front of her mouth.

"Hanji!!!" Levi yelled as he tried to help her up. Her coughing kept getting worse and more and more blood spewed from her mouth. Levi panicked and got onto his knees too, next to Hanji, having one arm around her back.
"What should I do??!" He panicked as he looked around the room. Hanji's face went pale and she stopped coughing, but started to collapse backwards. Levi quickly put his quivering left hand on her cheek and the other around the back of her neck to help lower her to the floor. Levi's face also drained it's color and was almost as pale as Hanji's.

"Hanji!?! What's going on?? Why are you here?? What's happening to you?!?" He said slightly tapping her face with the hand he had on her cheek to make sure she was still there. She now had blood covering the whole front of her shirt and it was also on the ends of Levi's sleeves.

"Levi, can you do one thing for me?" Hanji asked as she put her left hand on Levi's arm that was cupping her cheek.

"O-of course.." Levi said, still completely confused. But that didn't matter at the moment, all he needed to do is save Hanji. A tear emerged from his eye and landed on Hanji's shirt, but he didn't change his expression. Hanji was crying too, but heavier. The tears rolled from the corners of her eyes and went into her hair as she lay on the wooden floor.

Hanji put her hand around Levi's neck and pulled his head close to her lips and she whispered..
"Just wake up... ... ..." Hanji took one last breath.. And was gone.

"Hanji?? HANJI!?!" Levi yelled shaking her. "I don't understand!!!... ... ... ... ..I-I can't take this pain anymore...." Levi thought. He got up and went to the drawer, and he picked up the biggest knife in there. He slowly and hesitantly lifted it parallel to his face, arms straight out, blade facing down. "..I'll be with you Hanji.." Levi whispered. At that moment he Forced the blade down and inwards and-

He shot up out of bed, face bright red. "...-A nightmare.." Levi said as if he needed to convince himself that's what it really was. His forehead was dripping with sweat. He wiped his head with his silk sleeve. He looked down noticing his clothes were wet from sweating, so he got up to take a shower, because it was 5:30am. He got up and rummaged through his clothes and picked out something nice because after his shower he would immediately go see Hanji. He walked into the bathroom and set the clothes on the counter. He locked the door then looked in the mirror. There was wet streaks on the sides of his face, and it was not sweat, because they came from his pink, bloodshot eyes. He wiped them away, let out a sigh, and got in the shower.