3.8

Y/n's POV

Short trips to the store are always fun.

I put on some shoes hastily, as she was yelling at me to hurry up, and walk over to the car with her.

We had a silent drive, the radio music playing quietly.

After parking, we hurried into the store. Well more so my mom hurried, I don't know what she was in a rush for.

I waited for her while she was getting a cart.

I scanned my surroundings, seeing if there was any cute people.

Ooh, he's cute.. I think, I can also see the back of his head right now.

My mom says my name, "C'mon, let's go, I'm done here"

Walking to the veggies, because we're just skinny like that I guess, my mom picks a variety of things.

I head over to the cookie aisle while she's taking her time in the home appliance aisle.

So ignore that skinny comment I made earlier, we just switch up a bit.

Of course, I pick a variety of my own things for me to snack on.

Searching for her, I run into that guy from earlier, except I see his front half this time.

Walking down the same aisle, facing the same direction, we end up doing that weird thing where we trying moving to the side but go the same way.

"Oh sorry let me- I'm gonna- let me uh-"

was basically all that was being said.

"I'm gonna go this- I'm gonna go this way- I'll go the other- No its fine I can-"

Just rambling and rambling.

and at some point I just stop, and thankfully so does he.

we awkwardly laugh at the same time and, also awkwardly walk down our separate ways.

The amount of times I could use the word 'awkward' to describe this, wouldn't be able to actually describe how awkward it was.

I speed walk to find my mom. I need to get out of this store before I run into him again.

I follow my mom around the store, I always forget how boring this is.

She said it would be really fast.

What's Minho doing right now? I need to pee. Remember that one time-

Thoughts were rushing through my head to distract me from the absolute boredom I was in.

"Oh this is nice, should we get it?" my mom asks.

"Do we need it?" I yawn.

"Well not now, but we might" she examines it at different angles. "I'm going to get it just in case"

Shes a hoarder.

After about another HOUR or so, we're getting ready to check out.

My mom left me in charge of the cart, which is a bad idea from the start.

Turning a corner, on my way to the register, of course I almost ram into somebody.

"Oh I'm so sorry" I say right away.

My eyes start to widen a tiny bit.

Not this guy again.

"Oh its alright, no worries" he flashes a smile before walking off.

I haven't seen him this entire time, I thought he left.

Why is it that I have to have such bad cart driving skills?

"Oh yeah I ran into him at the store, literally, and that kids is how I met your father"

Not a romantic story.

"Give me the cart, you act like you've never been in a store before" my mom snarls.

I throw an offended look when she already turns away, I know that if she sees me give her any sort of look, she would throw a fit.

But when she's in a good mood she hugs me and gives me fruit so, it's a win-win.

I follow her quickly, her cart driving skills are fantastic. She's going at least 20mph.

After getting through the line, and getting our items bagged, we're finally on our way out.

Once we get outside, my mother blurts out in a halt.

"I almost forgot, I need to go to the ATM machine. Wait out here if you'd like" she walks quickly back into the store.

I stomp my foot subtlety.

I take a look around my surroundings and notice a figure.

Oh shit what the fuck, I thought he left AGAIN.

My body jolts a bit when I notice him.

I quickly go onto my phone to look less awkward, aimlessly scrolling through apps.

I always discover new things about my phone when something like this happens.

He is so diggity darn dang attractive oh my god. Do I do something? No way how could I? That's so embarassing, he probably has a girlfriend. I'd piss my pants and start crying. Last time I tried to shoot my shot I was rejected.

As I'm getting myself worked up and scared for no reason, I feel a light tap on my shoulder.

I whip my head around in slight fear.

"Oh hi" I say timidly.

"You probably have a boyfriend, but if you don't could I have your number?" he asks kindly.

what the actual fuck

"Oh yes, of course you can" I try my best to force a smile that makes me look like I'm stable.

I put my number into his phone, getting ready to smash my head into concrete.

"Could I get yours then?" I ask quickly.

WHATS THE POINT Y/N? YOURE DUMB WHAT AN IDIO-

"Of course" he answered smiling.

Aww

Once he turns around after we bid goodbyes and walks away, I let out the heaviest sigh ever.

Oh my god.. I feel like I just ran 10 miles straight.