Painted skin

The wind was quite warm for an end of March. A breeze entered into the studio through the ajar window. I was leaned against the wall, facing the closed wooden door. I could feel the cold wall through my clothes. My hands in my pocket, I glanced at the clock on the opposite wall every few minutes. 

When it struck three of the afternoon, I stood up and walked to the door, opening it. A line of a few male students had formed. I counted four. I smiled at the first one and welcomed him inside. I watched his reaction while entering the room. His eyes found the paintings on the walls first, then glanced toward the table covered of paint, brushes and dirty cloths. Finally he stopped in front of a black curtain. Behind was, what I called, my self-made photography lab.

I offered him a cup of tea coming from a thermos and gave him a sit. Then while he was sipping his drink, I started to explain.

" Thank you for coming. As you might already know since you read my flyer, my name is Y/N. I'm a senior in art major. At the end of the school year, an exhibition is organized at the university and I'm part of the students who have the chance to get their art exhibited. I'm looking for a male model, that is why you are here. It's paid of course. But I don't want anyone. I want someone with who I can feel a connection. I need that connection to show in the pictures."

He listened carefully and I let him asked some questions. Then I ended the interview, thanked him and told him I'll contact him as soon as I made my choice. I watched him leave then invited the next student inside.

Time passed and it was already five pm when the last student left the studio. They were all very nice and I could think of a few things to do with them as model but deep down I felt disappointed. I sighed, grabbing my bag and walked out of the studio, locking it in the process. I was one of the top students of my major. I gained the privilege to have a studio on campus to work on my projects. It was at the last floor of the art building, so it get really warm as soon as the weather was warm. I was about to walked toward the stairs, not really found of elevators when I heard someone shouted my name. Gripping the strap of my backpack I turned around to see a guy jogging from the elevator doors, at the other side of the hallway.

"You're Y/N L/N, right?" he asked, stopping in front of my studio's door.

"Yes" I simply answered, trying to understand why this guy was here, looking for me.

Because, yes, I knew exactly who he was. Everyone on Gotham University's campus knew who he was. Double majors in economic and political science, top student, son and only heir of Bruce Wayne, Damian Wayne was well known around the campus. But never I had heard him stepping inside the art building.

"What can I do for you?" I asked perplexed.

"I'm here because I read your flyer" he said, showing me the well-known piece of paper in his hand. I glanced at my watch, sighing.

"Well, you're late. I ended the meetings already." I finally said, trying to hide my surprise. Why on earth Damian Wayne wanted to model for an art student?

"Come on, give me a chance." he said with a big smile.

I looked at him up and down, not trying to be subtle. He was tall and his body was really fit. I could see the shapes of his arms muscles under his black shirt. There was potential, I couldn't lie. I decided it could worth a try.

"Okay" I mumbled, unlocking my studio and letting him inside. The sun of the end of the afternoon was still shining thought the window, giving a golden aura to the room.

I offered him a sit but I had no more tea so I gave him a glass of water. I told him what I had told to the others. When I finished, he stayed silent for a minute, looking at the paintings on the walls.

"You are very talented" he finally said, his green eyes looking straight at mine.

"Thank you". I won't lie. He had a powerful aura. Not threatening, even I could guess that it could if he gets angry, but powerful, almost hypnotic. We looked into each other eyes for a while.

And I felt it. The spark at the back of my eyes. Immediately images flashed in front of my eyes.

"So, do you have a theme?"

I blinked a few time before regaining full consciousness of my surrounding. I licked my lower lip.

"Yes, even if it's not clearly defined. I didn't want to limit myself if an idea was to come out. But the main theme is inner demons, inner battles in a kind of Greek aesthetic." I tried to explain. "And I have chosen photography as a medium."

He nodded, smiling. "Well, I would really like to be your model, Y/N."

I tried to not look at his smile too long. I couldn't deny that he was charming, but he was also known as a play boy, as someone who flirts naturally.

"I think that you are a good candidate. But I want to make sure that you understand what I ask for. It's paid. If you accept, you have to come here for the next few months every Friday afternoon and maybe even on some week-ends."

"As long as it's during the day, I'm fine with it" he responded.

"You'll have to pose for hours, naked ... "

He stood up and with swift moves he took off his shirt, displaying his hard chest. I blinked, surprise by his move. But if he wanted to make me blush, he was wrong. As an art student I had seen a lot of naked people from all sizes and sex to sketch.

"I'm pretty confident in my body" he said, maybe to explain his act.

"And you have to be on time." I finally said.

"I can do that" he chuckled. He put his shirt on and stretched a hand to me. "So, deal?"

"Deal."

*****************************************

Hello, 

If you liked it and want a second part, feel free to tell me :)

Have a nice day