Attraction

It began during one of those dark rainy nights Gotham city is used to. I was walking back to my flat after a drink with my friends. Small smoky ghosts were escaping from my lips. I was holding an umbrella, shielding me from the rain. My heels were clicking against the pavement of the curb. My cheeks were cold as well as my nose. I barely crossed the path of other bystanders. The streets were quiet and almost empty. Some cars drove past me, their lights creating ephemeral shadows on the walls.

I passed in front of a dark alley with a single orange street light. Dumpsters against bricks walls and emergency iron stairs. And I heard a sound. I stopped looking in the alley, seeing almost nothing. I listened.

Something hit a wall, a grunt, a whisper.

I didn't know why, but something pull me toward the sounds. I knew that Gotham at night could be dangerous, especially in dark alley. But I walked.

And I saw them. They were fighting, bodies struggling against each other. I watched in silence. I wasn't going to intervene because I understood what I witnessed.

Finally a body fell on the ground and with a swift move his opponent cuffed him to a dumpster. He took a gun that was on the ground and after taking out the bullets, he smashed it against the nearest wall, with enough strength to shatter the weapon into pieces.

"You'll wait here for the police"

His deep voice echoed in the alley. I looked at his masked face, his red and black costume, his yellow cape. A katana was strapped behind his muscular back. I saw that his left sleeve had been cut open to the skin, bleeding slightly.

I took a step toward him, a clean tissue in a stretched hand. My heels clicked on the ground, making him look toward me. His eyes found mine.

I don't know what really happened at that exact moment. I felt electricity running in every fibres of my body. I was attracted to him like a magnet and he was too.

He walked to me without breaking our eye contact. He stopped a few inches from me, making me look up because of his height. A breath left his lips as I pressed lightly the tissue on his wound. My heart was beating loudly against my ribcages.

We stayed like this, lost in each other eyes for a moment. Then we heard the sirens of the police coming our ways. I pulled away my hand, tissue cover of his blood. He licked his lower lip. I grabbed a pen from my bag and wrote my number on a clean part of the tissue before giving it to him. He took it and I left, walking away. As I reached the main road, a police car drove past me.

***

I was cooking in the small kitchen of my flat when an unknown number called me. I responded.

"Yes? Who is it ?"

I heard someone breathing from the other side. And I knew it was him. My breath got caught in my throat, waiting for him to say something.

"I would like to see you." He deep voice resonating into my ear. I bit a smile.

"I would like that too." I answered back. "Very much."

He chuckled.

"Where and when?" he finally asked.

I told him what I think was best for both of us and he agreed.

"See you then" I said. And I hanged up.

***

I didn't say anything to any of my friends and family. I was known to be a good two shoes. No one would think I was able to do such a thing.

And here I was, sitting in a king size bed in a cheap love hotel in a poor neighbourhood of Gotham. It was around three in the morning. I wasn't scared. I was excited, shivers of expectation running along my spine. I had dressed up for this. I had tried to please him by taking extra care of myself.

A knocked at the window. I opened it and he entered in his costume. Our eyes locked like magnets. He finally looked away, closing the window then the curtain. I watched him move around the room, taking off his katana and others hidden weapons. The fabric of his costume was clinging tightly around his muscular body.

Finally he faced me again, after taking off his cape and gloves.

"I can't take off my mask." He said.

"I know" I whispered.

His arms wrapped themselves around my waist, pushing me against his hard chest. I looked up, our lips barely brushing each others. My hands were holding his biceps. It was pure attraction, passion.

He kissed me. At first it was soft then rough. I couldn't ask anything else. Our hands explored each other body.

Clothes were discarded around the room and we fell on the bed, sheets scattered around. Each touch was like fire on my skin. I let moans of pleasure escaped my lips. Our skins were melting into each other, We became one. The pink light of the room making our skin glow. Whispers, growls, moans, and muffled screams. I was caged between his strong arms. I bit his ear. He sucked on the skin of the crook of my neck.

My legs wrapped around his waist. Warm lips on his neck. Rocking hips. Broken moans. Sinful sounds. Hearts beating widely. Spit dripping from the corner of our mouths. Warmth. Passion. Pleasure.

Our limbs tangled. Sheets over our glistening bodies, we breath into each other mouth. Kissing from time to time. His hands were brushing my sides, sending shivers all over my body. I was drawing invisible patterns on his muscular arms.

***

We met like this at least once a week. I didn't know his true identity. He didn't know my name. Keeping it a secret to my friends and family was making it even more exhilarating. Walking in the shadows of Gotham. Walking into cheap hotels in the middle of the night. Locking the door while hanging a "do not disturb" sign on the handle. Opening the window for him to slip inside. Sometime we ordered something to drink. Sometime we didn't. Sometime we brought our one bottle of wine. We didn't talk much. No need.

We couldn't stop. We had already taken a bit of the forbidden fruit. The apple had left a taste of longing in our tongues. We never had enough. We had to meet, again and again.

I couldn't stop wanting to taste his addicting lips. He admitted loving the smell of my coconut shampoo. I liked to tangle my fingers in his short black hair. He liked to pinned me against a wall. Our bodies were made for each other. It was like dancing the most sinful dance of the world. The attraction was magnetic. It was a rough, bestial, animalistic feeling, taking over our bodies and minds. It was thrilling, overwhelming, addicting. It was perfect.

After making love, we stayed tangled with the bed sheets, naked. We watched our chests rising. My fingers were burning of desire to rip off his mask. But I didn't. Because I knew. I was Psyche and he was Cupid. I couldn't succumb to the forbidden desire or else everything would be over.

And I was okay with that.

It was like break in our busy lives. A breath of new air. Our bubble.

Maybe one day we will need more than this. But at the moment it was enough.  

*********************************************

Hi dear reader !

I just wanted to try something new. Did you like it ? Or not ? 

It's a oneshot (short story) but would you like it to become a more developped story ?