Painted soul (Painted skin pt3)

Next Friday came dreadfully quickly. I was completely exhausted. Between classes, art projects and my student job in one of the campus's shop, I had really little time. But during the week I had also work on different solutions in case Damian wouldn't show up at the studio. I couldn't trust him at all any more. If he decided that I wasn't worth his time, well I needed something new. Something that didn't need the help of any one. I couldn't rely on someone else and be deceived again. Time was running out.

So when I arrived at the art studio, I had dark bags under my eyes and was only awake thanks to three coffees I had taken in the morning. I unlocked the door and putting down my backpack and took a deep breath. The smell of paint, dust and chemical welcomed me. I felt my shoulders relaxed. I always felt at easy in the creative space. I was in my element.

I looked at the clock on the wall. It was one hour before – hopefully – Damian's arrival. I tied my hair and started setting the cloth on the floor and the light. I wanted to take picture almost in the dark with one light only that would create shadows on my model's face. I wanted at first to be candle light but after a few try at my flat, I concluded that my camera wasn't good enough for this type of pictures.

I was preparing my colours when I heard a knock at the door. I glanced at the clock. Still thirty minutes. I went to open the door and found Damian in the other side. I raised an eyebrow quite confuse but inside I felt relief flowed in my veins. He was here. Early ...

"Hey." He said softly.

I let him inside, without replying. He put his bag away and offered me a cup of coffee. I took it gladly. Then he started undressing, staying in his boxers. I couldn't resist but to chuckle. He looked at me with a frown.

"What?"

"You're thirty minutes early. I haven't finish to prepare yet. Don't get cold." I said with a small smile. I throw at him a cloth at him for a kind of blanket.

"Thanks" he mumbled, looking down, a bit embarrassed. I drank the cup of coffee in one go and went back to preparing. I could feel his gaze on me.

"It's not polite to stare."

He cleared his throat.

"I wanted to sincerely apologize for last time." he said quietly. I turned around a bit shock. Damian Wayne was sitting on the floor of my studio, almost naked, apologising. "I know me being here because of a forfeit makes everything bad but I'll do better, okay?" Him mentioning the forfeit made me clenched my teeth. "I do care for your work. I truly believe that you have talent." he continued, brushing a strand of his hair. He had tied them in a tight bun. I bit my lower lip. He was really attractive right now. I sighed, pushing my quite dirty thoughts in the back of my mind.

"Okay, then let's start." I finally said, playing some music.

During two hours we worked in silence. He did everything I asked him without saying anything, without objections. He had to wash himself a few times to change the colours on his skin according to the pictures I wanted to take.

Somehow, I found myself almost sitting on his laps in order to paint his face. I had asked him to hold a position to see the effect of the light and with a small brush I accentuated his facial lines made by shadows. He didn't move a muscle, but his eyes were following my every move. I was about to make a line of deep blue across his lips when he parted them. I stopped mid-move, our faces near each other. His hot breath on my cheeks.

"You seems tired" he whispered. His eyes were looking at mine then followed the line of my nose to my lips.

"I am. I hadn't much sleep since I had to work on a plan B if you wouldn't show up today." I answered truthfully, looking straight in his beautiful green eyes.

I carried on painting.

***

A few weeks passed and I warmed up to him again. He was punctual or even arrived early. When I asked if he could come for two Saturday sessions he accepted without blinking.

We had our usual tea time with some cookies after each session and I found myself looking forward for these moments. The weather was getting better too. Gotham is cloudy rainy city most of the time, but as summer was near by, the sky became blue more and more and the sun shows up. Flowers bloomed creating patched of colours in the grey city. It was my favourite time of the year.

***

And finally, after months, it was our last session. After painting and taking pictures, I watched him cleaning his skin, his muscles rolling beneath his pale skin. I couldn't believe that it was over. He turned around catching me staring. He smiled. A real smile.

"Can you show me the results of today work?" he asked. I turned toward him the screen of my camera. He leaned behind me still covered in paint.

"I'm going to develop them tomorrow and then I'll have to choose the ones that will be presented at the exhibition." I explained, very aware of the heat his body created.

He hummed. "So, it's over?" he whispered, his breath brushing my ear.

"I guess so." I answered quietly. I felt a lump forming in my throat. I didn't want it to stop. Because I won't see him any more. There was no reason for us to keep seeing each other. I didn't even know if he saw us as friends or not. I had to accept that whatever it was between us was over.

We stayed still and silent, watching the last picture I took of him on the screen of my camera. Then suddenly, I felt an arm wrapped itself around my waist then the weight and heat of his torso against the fabric of my shirt.

"I don't want it to be over." He said, tightening his arm around me. My heart beat faster, the heat radiating from his body made me shiver. "Y/n, do you want it to be over?"

I didn't realise I was holding my breathe. He pressed his forehead on the top of my head.

"Because Y/n, if you don't want it to – fuck, if you don't want it to stop, I – I". He stopped when I turned around, chests brushing each other, his arm still secured around me. Our gazes met, burning green eyes welcoming me.

"What would you do?" I asked.

"I'ld kiss you." He whispered.  

************************************

Hi dear reader :)

I'm not really happy with this one. I think Painted skin "mini series" was quite uneven. 

Sorry if you were expecting more or something else.

Have a nice day and take care !