Morning

Warmth surrounds me. Feeling relaxed and at peace, I let out a sigh of content. I definitely love Sunday morning, laying in bed, in a cocoon of warmth. I blink slowly, rubbing my cheek against the pillow. The sun is already shining brightly. A ray of morning sun filtered by the thin curtains shines on the white wall I'm currently facing. I extract one of my arms out of the cocoon to play with the light, creating shadows on the wall before putting it back under the blanket. I close my eyes again, thinking about the need or not of a few more minutes of sleep when I feel cold pressing on my ankles.

"Your feet are cold." I groan.

The arm that is wrapped around my waist tightens.

"Yours are hot."A groggy voice answers.

I turn around and lay my head on his chest as his hand comes playing with my hair.

"And even though you have lovely feet, they are not the hottest thing about you."he continues with a chuckle.

I hit his chest without force at his comment.

"Damian, it's way to early for your stupid joke."

He hums before kissing the top of my head.

We stay like this for a few minutes, listening to the birds chirping behind the window. My eyes start closing again.

I'm about to fall back in a torpor when a noise startles me out of it. It comes from behind the door of the bedroom.

I hear Damian sighs. I giggle.

"It's your time to go feed our child" I say.

"He must have super power. I swear, if not, how can he know the exact moment we wake up?"he exclaims.

"He is smart. And we are proud parents, aren't we?" I ask with a smile.

Damian hides his face in his pillow, grumbling.

I pat his back with feigned compassion. "You should get up." I advise.

With an exaggerated sigh, he sits up and stretches his back and arms.

"Not a bad view. Not a bad view at all." I comment teasingly, wrapping myself with the blanket.

"Not early for your jokes I guess." he smiles.

"Well, mines are not stupid jokes. Just facts."

He stands up and walks to the door. He doesn't have time to open it completely that I feel a weight jumping on the bed.

"Hello baby." I coo.

I'm rewarded by a purr. I'm scratching the neck of Erlen – my black cat, as Damian walks out of the room, mumbling something under his breath. Erlen purrs loudly turning from side to side for me to scratch his fur on all the right spots.

My moment of cat affection stops abruptly when we both hear the sound of cat food being poured in a bowl. Erlen stands up and runs out of the bed room without a single glance back at me.

"Ungrateful child" I mumble.

I lay down more comfortably under the cover when Damian comes back and jumps on the bed, hovering me.

Our eyes meet.

"Good morning" I finally say.

He lowers down, our lips meeting in a soft kiss.

"Morning." he whispers back.

************************************  

Hello ^^

Just a small and soft oneshot to say hi 

Have a nice day :)