Chapter 15

Zachary

All through my classes I couldn't focus on anything but Everett. A few weeks ago there wasn't a person who I hated more than him, and now I can't stop thinking about him. Yesterday, I let him in my room, I let him hold me. No, I leaned on him, giving my weight for him to hold, and I would have kissed him too. That's not something I normally would let anyone do. I have dated more people than I can remember, but I have never let anyone hold me like that.

I came straight to my room after the classes. Unlike usual, I don't have work today, so I haven't seen Everett. I couldn't be more glad about it. After yesterday, I really want a time-out from him to gather my thoughts; the thoughts that don't involve him. The ones that do need to be put in the trash can.

Someone knocks on my door. Is it Alice? Before I could open the door myself, it burst open to reveal a slightly damp Everett. His dirty blond hair has water droplets on them and his shirt sticks to his chest, giving me a good view of his muscles. Jesus fuck. He is hot.

“If you think showing up here wet is going to seduce me then I have to say I am disappointed in your grand scheme,” I raise my eyebrows at him, emphasising my disinterest.

“You are already seduced. Your nasty pride won't let you admit it is all,” he shrugs, giving me a smug grin.

I sigh. “And you say I am arrogant.”

“Never said that I wasn't either. More importantly we got to go.”

“Go? Where?” I ask, confused.

“Out.”

I kick him out and slam the door on his face; in my head. In reality, I just stare at him. He stares right back.

“Violet and I are going out, I told her that Zachary wouldn't be pleased if she didn't tell him. So we decided you will be the third wheel,” He says. Fucking smug liar. He only just made plans with my sister to get me to go with him. To top it off, he has the fucking audacity to smirk at me.

“You are using my sister to get me to go out on a date with you?” I ask in disbelief; but I have to admit I am a bit impressed that he knows how to get me to say yes.

“Yep,” he nods shamelessly.

I blink at his brazen attitude. Unexpectedly, a laugh surges out of me even though I didn't want to laugh. I want to push him against the wall and devour his mouth with mine. All I do though is shake my head at him. Leaving him standing by the door, I go back inside to change my clothes. I can't see his face, but I don't need to see to know that he has a satisfied smirk over his lips.

We head over to his mustang, I see that my sister is already sitting in the backseat. She beams when she sees us coming. I narrow my eyes at her, she pretends not to notice.

“Stop glaring at her and get in,” Everett rolls his eyes at me.

“Do you order around all your dates or is this special treatment?” I ask him, smirking.

He leans in, his eyes gleaming with mischief. Then he whispers in my ear “That depends on whether my date likes it. So tell me Zachary do you like being ordered around?”

Motherfucker. If he says anything more, the date be damned, I am dragging him into my dorm and showing him how well I can take orders. Or give. I am not picky.

No. Shit. No. I am not thinking about Everett and orders that include my room or any room with a bed. That's a no-fly zone. And as if he knows what I am thinking about, he smirks at me. I am proud of the fact that I didn't look away and held onto that last bit of dignity like my life depends on it.

“You'll never know,” I tell him instead with an equally smug smirk. This only makes his smile grow wider. He puts his hand on my lower back and then tugs up the hem of my shirt, his fingers slowly brushing my skin and I actually shiver. Fucking shiver.

“I think I might have to disagree on that,” he whispers to me, and then he is gone, already in the driver's seat waiting for me to get in. Not that I have a choice. Yeah, keep telling yourself that. I sigh as I open the door and slide into the seat. Everett nods at me and takes off.

“Where exactly are we going?” I ask.

Vio opens her mouth to respond when Everett cuts in, “You don't need to know that till you reach there.”

Vio thinks this over before giving Everett a thumbs up.

“I am going to strangle you.” I growl.

“And then I am going to steal your car,” Vio adds.

“Not my car. No” Everett says, strictly.

“Dammit!” Vio grunts.

He grins at her. The car means a lot to him. Now that I think about it, he might even have named it. I put that thought aside for now but make a mental note to ask him about it later. My gut says that he has definitely named it.

“Exactly, the car will be mine,” I look over my shoulder to tell her.

Everett snaps his head towards me. “You like my car.”

“It's a nice car,” I nod. Actually it's a fucking awesome car. Absolutely stunning.

He hums in agreement. Still looking at me. But then a slow smile spreads across his lips, innocent and warm. Then he turns back to the road. My heart squeezes in my chest at that smile. It's just a fucking smile.

I am attracted to him. I have always been attracted to him. It was just easier to forget when I thought that he was a self-centered asshole. Now though, he is still an asshole but without the self-centered part.

I stay silent the whole drive since my sister and Everett seem to have no problem keeping up the chatter like they have known each other for years. Honestly, I don't know how they became thick as thieves in this short amount of time but it's really refreshing to see Vio this relaxed. Everett will never know how grateful I am for that.

Completely absorbed in my thoughts, I didn't realize that we had stopped. I turn around to see that we are at a large parking ground with street lights surrounding it. Lots of other cars are parked near us. I look at Vio who looks way too excited to be in the middle of nowhere. Everett turns to me and grins.

“C'mon, we have a show to see,” he says.

Vio is already walking towards the right, heading straight past the ground, so is Everett. Having no choice, I follow them. That's when I start hearing the roaring buzzes. An insistent sound. Exhilarating and calming all at once. Everett turns to me with the biggest grin that I have ever seen, and I know that this is going to be a crazy date.

_______________________________________