Chapter 26

Zachary

Bad luck. That's the only explanation for this situation. Never would I have thought that we would run into the soccer guys when we were making our way to my room. Now Everett can't come to my room.

“Am I seeing things or are you both walking just two between you without killing each other?” Pierce teases with a sly grin taking over his face.

“We are not five, Pierce,” Everett says.

Dylan shakes his head at him. “When you both are five feet from each other, you guys are worse than Five.”

I scoff at them. I can't blame them though, I thought I couldn't stand him either but then again I didn't know how good he was in bed then. I hold back a smile at my own thoughts.

“But seriously, where the hell have you been the past few months. You have been disappearing a lot the past week too,” Finley narrows his eyes at him.

Everett frowns. “You guys remember me telling you that I got to work in a drama theater? Well, they are having a play tomorrow, so I have been busy helping them.”

Dylan scrunches his nose. “And you aren't going to invite us? That hurts, dude.”

“You want to come?” Everett sounds surprised.

“Well, you seemed to work so hard on it. What kind of friends would we be if we didn't come to watch after all that?” Finely points out.

For a moment I envy Everett for having friends like that but then again it would only be weirder if he didn't because he is as loyal as it gets. I know for a fact that he loves these guys. He has told me a lot about these three people and whenever he does, he always sounds so happy.

Everett gives me a sideways look. I understand what that means, if these guys come to the play then they'll know that I work there too. Somehow, that doesn't make me as uncomfortable as it used to. So I give Everett a nod. His eyes glint in happiness. Totally worth it.

“Then you can come,” He turns to Pierce, “Remember the theater we went to last time with Sloane? It's the same one.”

Pierce gapes at him. “All this time Sloane and I were grilling you about where you were working, and you never told us that it was the same theater!”

Everett smirks at him. “Not my fault that you were too stupid to figure it out.”

I laugh at that. All of them turn to me as though realizing I was still here.

“Oh yeah, you should be very careful when you walk around Uni tomorrow. Alice is very pissed that you cancelled your coffee date with her and then ignored her calls and texts,” Dylan grimaces.

I groan. “That woman is crazy. She's got it in her head that I am definitely seeing someone, and now she won't stop bugging me about it.”

Pierce raises his eyebrows at me. “Are you seeing someone?”

I smirk at him. “Wouldn't you like to know.”

Pierce snickers. Dylan laughs.

Finley on the other hand looks surprised. “Wait. You have finally decided to give up your dream of being a professional whore and embrace romance? Jesus. What has the world come to?”