Chapter 25

Everett

Today is the last day of rehearsals, which means everyone in the theater is buzzing. The costumes are being checked over and over, The lines are being read till it's burned in your brain and the set is being checked till everything is perfect.

Zachary is busy with organizing tickets. He and Mason have been at it the whole evening. Jess told me to get a break since I had done most of the weight lifting. I decide to get everyone a coffee since all of us totally deserve one. I place my order and take it back in a paper cover bag.

The smell of the coffee already draws attention from all of them as soon as I enter the theater. I go over to Zachary first.

“Your smoked butterscotch latte.” I hand him the cup, and he nods to me. The rest of them stare at me. I hand the rest of the coffee cups, which are just plain coffee, to everybody else.

“Why the hell are you guys acting so weird?” Sofia narrows her eyes at me.

I look at her, confused. “Us? Who?”

“You and Zach! I mean you guys are still as obnoxious to each other as always but like why the hell are you guys being so… different?”

Zachary turns to face Sofia and scoffs. “So now you guys are complaining that we are not punching each other?”

“No, you dumbfuck. You guys are hiding something from us!” Sofia complains.

“Definitely,” Leslie joins in.

Zachary and I glance at each other. I can see the amusement in his eyes. Clearly he is thinking the same thing and my heart goes nova in my chest. He is okay with telling them. We haven't discussed going public. It's not like we discussed anything being official, we are just in a weird relationship we're neither of us are really interested in anyone else. but I want to tell them. I want it so bad.

“I mean you even got him a different drink instead of coffee,” Roman points out.

I face Roman and cock my head a little. “And?”

“And it's kinda weird that you know his favorite drink when you hate him.” Jess says, eyebrows frowning.

Zachary puts on a fake scowl. “Everett hates me?”

I bite my lips to hold off a laugh that's threatening to come out. The rest looks at us wide-eyed.

“That would be pretty ridiculous since we are sleeping together and all,” I tell them, trying to keep my emotions from not showing on my face.

All of them look at us like it's the first time they have ever seen us. I let my smirk take over my lips. Looking over at Zachary I notice that he is enjoying this as much as I am.

“What?” Mason was the first one to recover from his shock.

“You know… like hold hands, kiss and fuck each other kind of people,” Zachary nods at them while keeping trying to hold back his laugh.

“You both…,” Leslie points at us, “Dating? Since when!?”

“Not exactly dating,” I tell them.