Chapter 27

Everett

“They need to mind their own fucking business.” Zachary groans at my phone that hasn't stopped buzzing all night.

“Why is your phone so silent? Alice should be calling you non-stop.” I look over to the ground where our phones lay because we were too caught up in getting each other naked to actually put them on the nightstand.

“I forgot to put mine in charge. I was rather occupied…” Zachary smirks at me. Last night comes rushing back to me and I smirk back.

I pick up our phones and hand Zachary his. He plugs the phone to charge and gets up from the bed. Completely naked and giving me a vivid view of his back. Shamelessly, I roam my gaze over the expanse of brown skin defined with muscles, finally falling over his ass. Fucking bastard, getting more sexy each time I look at him.
He looks over his shoulder and gives me the most debauched grin, that sets my blood on fire.

“I can literally feel your eyes.” He says, putting on clean boxers. Then throwing another one at me, still sleepy, my reflexes don't kick in, and it hits me right on my face. Zachary laughs. That laugh feels like a spell that is made to drive me out of my senses.

“Boyfriend privileges. I can look freely,” I tell him, putting on the boxer's he gave me. He spins to face me and I move closer to him. I pull him to me by the waistband of his boxers, grabbing his ass with the other. His eyes blaze with heat. “Free to touch too.”

He slips a hand into my hair and pulls it, just enough to make me want more. “I can't actually deny that.”

I grin. “You don't want to.”

Zachary leans in to kiss me, but my phone starts ringing, disrupting us both. Zachary scoffs at it. “Get that damn thing out or deal with your nosy friends.”

“Our nosy friends, don't make this all my fault. Do I need to remind you that you were the one who decided that the peace we had was getting too boring and outed our very private relationship?”

“So it's my fault now and not that damn homophobic asshole in your shitty team?”

“My team is not shitty, asshole. Moreover, it's your best friend that's calling me cuz you won't pick up her calls.” I show Zachary my phone screen.

“Alice is not my best friend,” he grumbles.

“Right. Neither is Mason. You just hang out with them, talk about your day, help them out and know them. Like the back of your hand because they are not your best friends,” I roll my eyes at him with a smile on my face as I watch him put on clothes.

“Why don't we stop arguing about things that I am right about and put your friends out of their misery, alright?” Zachary throws me a t-shirt and jeans. It smells like him, I put it on feeling drunk at that thought. Not like it's the first time we are wearing each other's clothes, but it definitely is the first time I am wearing them out in public except for the time we spent at my house.

“Our friends.” I rectify him again.

He doesn't acknowledge me, but I know that he is just pretending. Too bad I know him too well for any of his stupid I-don't-care-about-other-people act to work.

We head out of the dorms towards the soccer field. There's still thirty minutes before practice to start but most of them should be there by now to get changed and cause ruckus.

Turns out that all of them are there, already changed and waiting for me to arrive. Alice glares at both of us looking shocked, excited and confused at the same time. Pierce on the other hand looks like he is witnessing an exorcism.