Chapter 22

Everett

Holy shit. Flushing. The badass, arrogant, devil-may-care Zachary Alvarez is in my arms, wide-eyed and flushing. The fact that I am the only one who gets to make him like this, makes me feel like I hold the sky in my hands. God, he's sexy. And I want to bend him over my desk and have my way with him.

“Say something, Zachary. I can't read minds,” I say, trying to keep the desperation and nerves out of my voice. He still hasn't given me an answer. Right now, if he says no then I know I won't ever get to hold him like this again.

“Even if you could read minds you wouldn't be able to read anything from mine since it stopped functioning a second ago,” he tells me. I blink at him.

“Is that a yes or no?” I raise my eyebrows at him.

He sighs. “I don't know, alright. I don't let people in. And you just…”

“I just what?”

Zachary shakes his head a little, frowning.

“Don't you usually accept everyone who has asked you out without a second thought, why not with me?” I ask.

Zachary looks at me, blankly. Raising his eyebrows, as though asking me if I am that much of an idiot.

That's when it hits me. I smile and he tenses a little in my arms. “You're warning me off. You are scared that whatever will happen between us will definitely mean something more, and you think you'll mess it up. Cuz you already know that this is different.”

Zachary bites his lips and tries to look away. He does, but then he sighs again, then faces me. “Jesus, Everett. I don't know what to tell you. Whatever this is, it doesn't matter because I am not worth it.”

I pull him towards me, aggressively. “Don't fucking say that ever again. Because you wouldn't be here if you weren't worth it. I don't want a label Zachary, I just want you to try.”

“I—, I can't. I don't do real relationships.”

“Can I kiss you now? That's all I want Zachary. Me to be the only one who gets to touch you, the one you can let your guard down around. Just one step at a time. For now, I want to kiss you. Can I?” I don't care if he can hear the crack in my voice.

He dazes for a moment. “You persistent bastard.”

He smashes his mouth to mine. That's all that I needed. I immediately kiss him back and melt into him. His arms go around my waist and mine tangles in his hair. I pull back to look him in the eye. “See, it's not that hard. Just let go and give in to it.”

Zachary still doesn't look convinced, he shakes his head. “Fucking son of a bitch. Just kiss me.” he orders, pulling me by the waist. I spin us around, moving forward to press his back against the door. He goes willingly, still devouring my mouth. We break away, Zachary grins at me. “I can't believe you took someone here to have sex with you. Your room looks like a library.”

“I didn't. No one in this room. My sister and brother are literally next door, on either side. They wouldn't let me live it down if I did.”

Zachary grimaces. “Jesus. You don't think they heard us now, do you?”

I smirk at him. Not giving him a chance to react, I maneuver him so that his chest is against the door and his back is pressed against my chest. I push my hips to his ass. He looks over his shoulder, startled.

“Not fucking happening,” He says. But his eyes go molten gold.

I smirk wider. “I don't know about that. Your hands are pressed against the wall and your back is unguarded. All I have to do is slide down your pants,” I whisper, biting his earlobe to punctuate what I said.