Charles Vane x Reader(Part 2)

Info: Part 2 of: After spending the night in a drunken haze Y/N wakes to discover she had married the feared pirate captain.

Part 2

Y/N's P.O.V.

"You did what?!!" Jack hissed leaning across the table that was situated in the back of the tavern.

"Jack last I checked your ears worked perfectly well." Charles rolled his eyes and leaned back in his chair. I could feel Jack's gaze on me as I shifted uncontrollably.

"Well you've really fucked up this time." Jack shook his head and rubbed his eyes as he muttered to himself.

"Since it's already out we can't cover it up." Charles stated as he draped his arm around my shoulders in a possessive manner.

"You don't say? After that party you two threw in the middle of the night I wouldn't be surprised if everyone on the island knew! Plus your life style isn't exactly fit for a wife." Jack sighed.

At that moment a man with blond hair and what appeared to be a blind eye took a swing at another man. We were on our feet in seconds, as was the rest of the tavern to see what was going on. The man had fallen and the blond brought his sword back for a final blow. Before I knew what I was doing I had grabbed an empty bottle off a table and threw it across the room. It hit the blond in the head shattering. He groaned and turned around to face me.

"You'll pay for that." He lunged at me sword raised.

"I would appreciate it if you kept your hands off my wife." Charles intervened, taking hold of the one eyed pirates sword with his bare hand.

"That's your woman?" The pirate laughed gesturing to me.

"Keep her in line or next time I wont be so forgiving." With that he turned and stormed out his goons on his heal. Charles grabbed my arm hauling me into a small room in the back of the tavern.

"What was that?" He whispered in a harsh tone.

"He was going to kill that man! How can you sit back and watch?" I was appalled. How could someone kill another in a place of business?

"It wasnt my business." He sighed, rubbing his eyes. "Just don't do it again I cant protect you from everything."

"I dont need protection." I protested raising a finger to point at him.

"Apparently you do, or he would have killed you then and there." He had a point but I crosses my arms and gave a small nod.

"Why do you even care? I've known you what? Less than 24 hours." I arched an eyebrow as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Everybody here knows we got married. In their minds you are mine and nobody touches what's mine." His voice took on a dark tone at the end of his sentence. I knew I should be offended, I didn't belong to anyone. But instead I felt a pang of safety he was Charles Vane one of the most feared pirates of the age and he was pretty much promising to protect me.

"Hmmm well thanks." I shifted catching his bright blue eyes as I turned to walk back to the table where Jack was shaking his head and rubbing his temples.

~♡~

I returned to the small house I had bought near the town square after Charles and Jack had gone back to the Ranger to go over charts for their next voyage. I sighed as I closed the door behind me. Mrs. Charles Vane. I choked on my breath. I hadn't relized I wasn't going to be a L/N anymore. Charles and I hadn't talked divorce though we probably should, divorce ruined a womans name but in this case it could be far worse for me to be Y/N Vane. What would my mother say? I shook ny head and took a seet at the small kitchen table to think. In the course of 1 night my life had been turned upside down and now I had to deal with the consequences.