Charles Vane x Reader(Part 1)

A/N: Takes place in the beginning but doesn't follow much of a past time line.

Info: Y/N is the captain of the third ship Flint needs to go after the treasure so when Elenor gives Charles's crew an ultimatum Y/N is the deciding factor. If she sides with Flint, Charles is out, if she sides with Charles it's to late to find a replacement and Charles is in. She has a bone to pick with both Eleanor and Charles but who does she hate more? And what surprises does she have in store.

Warnings: Insinuated rape (second paragraph).

Y/N's P.O.V

My crew and I had arrived only a few days ago after receiving word from Nassau that they were in need of some assistance. The Y/S/N (your ships name) hadn't docked in Nassau in over 3 years and I had hoped to keep it that way. But I owed them a debt, so here I am.

A woman's screams were echoing off the small buildings of Nassau. I rushed towards them and into a gathering crowd. The screams continued joined by sobs. By the time I could see what was happening a man from Charles's crew was being pushed off the young woman I had learned name was Max. Eleanor screamed at him before turning to Charles and saying something I couldn't hear.

"You have a choice. You can stay with Captain Vane and never be welcome here again or you can join Captain Flint!" She screamed. Most of his crew looked at each other in shock not knowing what to do.

"Wait! What does Captain Y/L/N have to say?" Jack said sending me a pleading look. Eleanor opened her mouth to say something but closed it again when it dawned on her the whole ultimatum would be pointless if I said I wouldn't help them without Vane.

All eyes were on me. Waiting for me to choose my side. While true Charles and I had a rough past between our past relationship and being competitors for loot. But Eleanor had been the reason for my family's death plus it would be safer to have a third captain. It would mean Flint wouldn't out number my crew. As much as I hate the idea of siding with Vane it was what is best for my ship, crew and morality.

"You ditch Vane... I walk." Everyone knew it was to late to find another captain willing to help on there venture.

Eleanor looked furious before stomping off. Eyes were still on me. Everyone had expected me to drop Vane, of everyone I had to say he looked the most shocked. I turned and walked off towards the beach and my tent.

For fucks sake! That woman needs to use her head for once in her life!

●♡♡♡●

The night wore on as I sat at the wooden table in my tent and went over my maps and charts to prepare for the voyage to come.

Just then the flap to my tent was brushed aside and none other than Charles Vane himself comes waltzing in.

"Why have you so rudely interrupted my planning?" I asked in a harsh tone. I may have taken his side but that's not enough to erase our past.

"I have come to inquire about your decision." He spoke in a low voice.

"What of it?" I asked going back to my papers.

"Why help me? I thought you 'hated me with every essence of your being' to quote your last words to me?" His eyebrow arched in question.

"How can I hate you when I live with a piece of you every day?" I whispered not loud enough for him to hear.

"What was that?"

"I said, it was what's best for my crew. What do you think would happen if I was out in the middle of nowhere alone with Flint and outmatched 2 to 1?" It was the truth.

"You and I both know that that's not what you originally said and-" He was cut off by the tent flap opening again and a small child with Y/H/C and bright blue eyes that match Charles's own ran in.

"Mommy!" She ran up to me and wrapped her small arms around my leg.