Charles x Reader (Part 4)

Info: Part 4 of: After spending the night in a drunken haze Y/N wakes to discover she had married the feared pirate captain.

Part 4

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Y/N, How did this happen you only left England a month ago!" My mothers voice got higher at the end of her sentence. I sat in the guest bedroom across from my parents, Charles was in our bedroom out of sight.

"I know mother. There is no point going into the details, I am married now. Mother, Father, I'm perfectly happy." I tried to avoid answering their question of how this all began. I knew they would be even more against this marriage if they knew it started as a drunken mistake.

"Why is it when we try to marry you to a nice young man you go off the rails, but we leave you alone for three seconds and you're married to a... a pirate!" My father was staying remarkably quite while my mother was far more vocal.

"Mother. I know this is a shock. I don't know how else to explain but this is my life now." I crossed my legs as I tried not to let their disappointed eyes get to me.

"But it doesn't have to be. Your grandmother left you some money, which we have deposited into your bank and you can leave this place. Come back with us to England and we can put this all behind us. The Williams boy has always been interested in you." I tried not to roll my eyes. This was my life, it may not have gone how I had expected but it was 100 times better than anything waiting for me in England.

"No. Mother I appreciate the thought but this is home to me now." Her face hardened and I could tell she thought I was being stubborn.

"Y/N, we raised you to be sensible. What has corroded your mind to think that this is a way to live?" My father spoke up and to say it stung was an understatement.

"Look, I love you both dearly but this is who I am. I value your opinion but it will not affect my choices. It is getting late, and it is time to retire. If you feel the need to continue this conversation let it be in the morning with clear heads. Good night." I got to my feet, not waiting for a reply before I stepped out of the room closing the door behind me. I sighed shaking my head before continuing down the hall to the main bedroom. I smiled at the sight before me, Charles lay sprawled across the bed his bare chest on display. His breathing was slow and I knew he was asleep.

"I'm not going to leave you." I whispered quietly pulling off my clothes before slipping my nightgown over my shoulders. I quickly brushed my hair before carefully slipping into bed beside the pirate captain. Today had been one of the longest days of my life, Elenor, my parents. I sighed as my head hit the soft pillow. I felt the mattress shift as Charles rolled over wrapping his arms around me and pulling me against his broad chest.

"Good night, beautiful." His voice was low in my ear before his breathing returned to the slow, calming pattern. A soft smile slid across my face as I let my eyes flutter closed.

~♡~

"I told you to watch your back." My eyes flew open as I felt the cool metal of a knife against my throat. I blinked rapidly to clear my vision as my eyes focused on Ned Low towering over me.

"Get up." He ordered, a murderous look in his eyes. I gulped and carefully slid out of Charles's grasp trying to pinch his arm as I did. He simply mumbled, shifting in his sleep. I could see the fear in Low's eyes as he waited to see if Charles would wake. I silently prayed for Charles to open his eyes, he didn't.

"Now move. Outside." His voice was low as I watched the curtains ruffle in the breeze, he must have come through the window. He moved quickly wrapping his arm around my neck and holding the blade to my throat. I cast one last look at Charles before I was forced out of the room and into the hall. He steered me down the stairs and out the front door. I intentionally kicked the door as we passed by as an attempt to wake someone. We froze for a moment as Ned listened for any sign I had awoken anyone.