Charels Vane x sad.Reader

Info: The end of everything.

Warnings: Language, hanging and suicide.

Y/N P.O.V.

"Let this be an example for all pirates. You are not welcome in Nassau." A british soldier called out into the crowd gathered in the square while only a few feet away the body of Charles Vane swung limply from the gallows. Tears were streaming down my face as I caught a glimpse of his lifeless eyes. Eyes that only a moment ago had been so full of life.

He was gone.

~•~

"Get the fuck off me!" I shoved the man who was pinning me against the cold brick wall.

"Oh come on don't be like that." He hissed.

"I said get off me!" I screamed punching him square in the nose. I heard a sickening snap and he cried out in pain while clutching his now broken nose.

"Oh you'll pay for that." He sneered taking a step closer to me. Then a tall man emerged from the shadows grabbing the man by the neck and lifting him off his feet.

"What do you think your doin'?" The mystery man growled.

"Oh come on I was just having a bit of fun." The piece of scum replied.

"Well go fuck yourself because she ain't interested. If I ever catch you again you won't be walkin' away." The tall man threatened, dropping the other to the ground. The mystery guy turned to reveal his face, he had a strong jaw, long brown hair that swept around his shoulders and piercing blue eyes.

"The allies aren't a good place for a woman at night." With that he turned and walked off and I couldn't help but stare after him as he faded from view.

~•~

The rain was coming down hard as I recalled the memory of the day we met, before I knew his name and all the stories that came with it.

Drops of water were running down my face whether it be rain, tears of both I was unsure. Captain Vane, my Charles was dead and with him my heart. It's only purpose to pump blood. It was damaged beyond repair, broken beyond fixing. I was shattered.

~•~

"Oh come now a pretty girl like you must have a name." That smile, the lines by his eyes as he grinned just made my heart melt. I knew I couldn't be associated with a man like him, my father would disown me but that smile made me want to risk it all.

"Y/N. Y/N L/N." I said as I tried to smother the smile that was creeping onto my face.

"I knew a girl like you would have a beautiful name." He laughed as he reached out to trace my jaw with his thumb.

~•~

The door to my family home swung open as I stepped through the frame. There waiting in the kitchen was my mother, father, and brother all talking quietly. They all looked up as I entered the room giving me a questioning look as a walked by without a second glance. I went strait to my room locking the door, I climbed into bed in hopes of finding an escape from my now empty reality.

~•~

His eyes twinkled with mischief as he grabbed my hand running down allie after allie. I couldn't keep the smile from my face as we raced across a field the summer breeze in my face.