Chapter 8 - Luck

Dakota Delaune

I smirked secretly when a red sport car stopped right in front of me. I opened the car door and got into the car without looking at the driver's expression. I closed the door and put on the seatbelt.

"Let me guess this.. you cut your credit cards on your way here, you give all your cash money to homeless people, you only bring your phone here with that evil plan of yours to make me pick you up?" He hissed coldly and I turned to him chuckling.

"Bingo, bingo and bingo." I clapped my hands.

"You're acting childish, Dakota." He said as he took something out from his pocket. He gave me a 4.000 euro in cash and a phone. I looked at him disbelief.

"If you think you can outsmart me, you're wrong." He said as he gestured me to go out from his car. I looked around and there's a lot of people roaming around.

I opened the car window and started to cry histerically. Angelo immediately closed the window and covered my mouth with his hand. He looked at me angrily and he sighed.

"I'm calling your fucking fiance." He said as he grabbed his phone.

"Don't bother, he's busy. Just take me to your condo and let me stay there for a couple of days." I said and he turned to me completely pissed.

"You're really are annoying, Dakota. You never change." He said as he drove away from that place.

"I never change, Angelo. I still think that you're taking over Silware as a revenge. I'm not stupid, it's just you're lying to yourself." I said confidently because I just know. I know Angelo pretty well and that's why I still can let this man go easily even after a decade.

This brings back to my memories in highschool again.

Angelo was indeed a loner in school, he always alone. It made me so curious because he gave me a mysterious vibe that I can't even explain. The more I try to get myself together, the more I got attracted to him.

After only stealing glance at him for more than a month, I started to stalk him. I started to make a big lie to my parents about going to a spanish course. I never learn spanish, I was just hanging out in front of the building because it was right opposite of his small house.

I learnt that he is an orphan and that he worked his butt out to survive. It made me admire him more. He was working non-stop here and there without resting. I even found him eating only a small muffin on his break. It broke my heart.

Despite his cold attitude, he is indeed a hard working person and he has a big ambition. I could see it and I know one day he will be a successful man. I believed in him.

"Why now?" That question popped out from my mouth unconsciously. I turned to Angelo and he didn't even bother to glance or answer my question.

"Why appearing now when I almost get married to Franco?" I asked and he stopped the car that second. He turned to me angrily but this time I know his words will kill me.

"For the thousand times, Dakota, I never liked you.. never loved you.. never cared about you. It's been a fucking decade, move on! I fucked thousands of girls already and you're not even that appealing." He looked at me up and down completely disgusted. I scoffed disbelief.

"You can't fucked me because you know you'll want more." I smirked and I could see his held his steering wheel tighter than before.

"This will be our last meeting, I don't want to see your face again." He said as he threw the car key to me and he got out. He grabbed a taxi and immediately left me alone.

Angelo Vander

I drank my whiskey like it's water. That woman really knows how to get into my nerves. I loosened up my tie and threw my body back to my sofa.

"Why did.. I buy Silware? Fucking idiot." I knew I was going to repeat the same mistake again. 10 years ago was a mess but now I ended up with more mess than before.

She was right. I can't even touch her without wanting more than just a touch. She's dangerous and she knew it. That's what I like about her.

She knows that she has a really crazy sex appeal, she knows that she's fucking beautiful, she knows that she got me on the palm of her hand and it made me frustrated.

I really should leave Silware to Diaz because I know he will do well with his job. I should give West the job for the office here in Italy. That would end everything that is happening right now.. right?

I don't need to see her and she doesn't need to pick a fight with me. I don't care if she ends up marrying that stupid fucking idiot monkey pig shitty asshole of a guy.

I don't believe in love and marriage, that would be the last thing on earth that I want. I need to focus more on money because that's what I like and what I love.

Money wins in life.

Dakota Delaune

After making a lot of calls, Angelo's address. He's living in the most luxurious apartment in Milan and he's living in the penthouse of that building. I walked into the apartment building and I asked if they could call Angelo but apparently that pighead doesn't pick up the call.

They can't let me in without his permission and it's pretty understandable but I need to rest and I don't want to stay in a hotel.

This is my way and maybe my last chance to be with him. I told myself that if this don't work.. after a decade, then I will marry Franco without hesitation.

I looked up to the ceiling in the lobby hoping to get somekind of miracle.

"Ms. Delaune." I got called.

"Yes?"

"Mr. De Luca is waiting for you in his penthouse, let me assist you there." I guess luck is on my side now.