Chapter 3 - Disaster

Dakota Delaune

The meeting was pretty much intense. Franco was trying really to convince everyone that he will be a really good CEO this time but I doubt it. He's going against Angelo who is a billionaire that clearly knows what he's doing. The shareholders agreed for Angelo to take over the company and Franco snapped.

He was acting like a 5 year old boy. Franco was mocking and cursing on Angelo but he just ignored him. Franco's father was so disappointed at his son for being reckless and created a scene in front of Angelo.

After the meeting, I walked towards him. I was nervous to even talk to him. This brings memories to our highschool days again.

"Angelo, can I talk to you?" I asked and he turned to me. He looked at all the people in the room. "Let's wait for everyone to leave the room." He said and I nodded. I waited everyone to go out and he asked his secretary to leave us alone.

"You're Valentino De Luca? The Italian Billionaire who.. rumoured to be one of the ILLICIT." I said as I looked up to him.

"Valentino is the name that my parents gave me, birth certificate wise. My grandmother was the one who named me Angelo." He said as he sat down on the chair.

"You've been living in Italy all this time?" I asked curiously because after highschool, he just disappeared.

"Yeah."

"Oh.. okay." I don't know what else to say. I always don't know how to function when it comes to face Angelo.

"If you don't have anything to say, you may go." He said as he got up and walking towards the window.

"Did you buy some shares of this company knowing that it's Franco's?" I asked and he turned his head to me.

"Of course."

"I'm engaged to him already." I said showing him the ring.

"Why are you keep telling me that?" That slapped me. I don't even know why I kept telling him that. What am I expecting? Him to get jealous?

"Why? You still have an undying love for me?" He leaned to the window and raised his eyebrows.

"Maybe I still do or else why would I make the same wish for 10 years?" I answered honestly and he sighed.

"You told me last time that you're going to find someone better than me. You told me clearly that I will regret not being with you. You told me that you will never want to see me again. Where's the prove?" He asked in a mocking tone and I looked down to the ground.

"I don't know. I really don't know." I said and I heard Angelo walking towards me.

"It's been 10 years, move on and forget. It's easy." He said and I looked up to him. "Easy for you to say, you don't know love." I snapped.

"If you're done, you should go. I have a lot of work to do, your fiance is a stupid dude." He said and walked pass me. He got out from the room leaving me alone.

And again, he will always have this effect of me. His attitude brings me back to where we met each other for the first time. I sat down on one of the seats and sighed.

"Why do we meet again like this?" I asked myself.

Angelo Vander

I really hate when people underestimate me. I'm not someone who can accept other people belittle-ing me just because I'm poor. Franco was one of that person, he mocked me to the depths of the earth for how poor I am.

He constantly reminding me that there's no way that I would be successful. He said that I will be leeching of someone else's wealth forever but here I am buying his own company after 10 years.

I worked hard night and day. Barely eat and even sleep on the streets just to save money. I worked hard after graduated from my highschool and swore to myself that I will work until I don't have to worry about the price anymore.

Now, I'm the richest man in Italy.

Nothing is impossible unless you work for it. That's what brings me who I am today.

As for Dakota, it's a really long story. She and I have really long history and it was a complicated one. 10 years ago, we both living in a really different worlds. She was the daughter of one of the most successful businessman in Europe. She's everyone's dream girl except that she just not really good at school.

She might not have the brain but she has a talent in art. Starting from pottery, painting, designing products and even music.

All of the boys in my school called her 'the girl that you can easily fall in love with.'

It was full of bullshit for me because love is just not for me. Ever since I was a kid, I never felt what it's like to be loved. I don't even understand the word. I might be a smart kid but when it comes to love, I don't understand.

My parents died when I was 2 years old and I had to live with my grandmother. She's the sweetest person alive and she just cares for me. When I turned 8, she passed away and that broke me. I was alone in this world jumping from orphanage to other orphanage.

Because of my brilliant brain, I was able to go to school for free. They gave me a full scholarship and that's when I just shut myself from having social interactions. I hate having friends because they will only hang out with me if I do their homework or they force me to explain to them about school stuff.

That's when Dakota came, she ruined everything. She ruined my life. She's a definition of disaster. I hate her with all my heart and I tried my best to avoid her.

I don't want to do anything with her.