Chapter 31 - Reminder

Angelo Vander

I was slowly losing myself. I found myself going to Lake Como a lot to just.. see her even though from far away.

I saw her hanging out with Lana and Leah, I was so glad to see them beside her. She doesn't have friends here since she spent most of her time in LA.

I kept thinking about what Adrian said the other day, it hit me hard. He indeed had a point but still I can't really be selfish. I love ILLICT, I really do but at the same time, it's hard for me to.. just live.

I started my car planning to just go home when my phone rang. I looked at the number on my phone screen completely confused.

"Hello." I answered.

"It's me, Dakota." She changed her number.

"Hmm." I don't know what to say but then I saw her walking out from her place. She was walking towards the garden beside the lake.

"How are you doing?" She asked.

"I can't say that I'm not doing great." I sighed as I kept looking at her. She sat on the bench and looked up to the sky.

"I heard the news." I said.

"About what?"

"That you're planning to put your father in jail."

"He deserves it. No matter how much you don't like someone, murdering them is not the answer." She said.

"You should have put him in jail back then.. you don't deserve to be treated like that, Angelo."

"Hmmm."

"It's late. I just want to check in on you, good night." She said and ended the call before I can answer her. I put the phone down and saw her keep looking up to the sky.

I found mysely just sitting there looking at her. It reminded me of our highschool days. I always found myself looking at her. She was the most beautiful girl at school.

She is still one.

Suddenly it's starting to rain, I turned to her and saw her just sitting there. I grabbed my umbrella and opened the door then I realized we can't see each other. I closed the door again and sighed.

She got up and walked back to her apartment.

After that.. I left.

Dakota Delaune

I knew that he was there. Adrian told me that he has been going back and forth to Lake Como.

Instead of being impulsive and mess things up. I will give him time. Either he's going stay in ILLICIT or maybe I still have a chance with him.

I know it's not easy for him and I still have the guilt from what my father did to him.

I love him, I really do but sometimes you can't force someone to be with you.

If he ends up choosing ILLICIT in the end, then I will have to move on.

Angelo Vander

Usually.. I'm not the type to sit at the bar and drink my sorrow away but I guess today is the day.

I was confused.. still lost. I don't know what I want.

My eyes landed on the small TV in the corner of the room. It was announced that Dakota's father ended up in jail. I did testify and I did.. go through the process of putting him to jail.

Dakota's mother was so disappointed at her but Dakota already cut the connections between them two.

"I never knew you would be here." I turned to Phoenix who sat beside me. He ordered a drink and I sighed.

"Why are you here?"

"I was thinking about getting one or two drinks before going home."

"Why? Tired of your wife already?" I hissed and he chuckled.

"That would the last thing on earth, I just need space and we all do despite I love my wife so much." He said.

"If you're here to tell about leaving, you better go. I'm tired hearing that shit already." I said as I sipped my drink.

"Nah, I think you've heard enough. I'm just here to drink and happened to bump into you.. so.. don't take it seriously, Vander." He said as the bartender his drink in front of him.

"Dakota. She moves to.. Athens." He said and took a sip.

"..."

"Just want to let you know that." He said and then he got up from his seat.

"Thanks." I said.

"Don't get too drunk." He said and then left me alone.

Dean Alessandro

"You and Adrian really need to stop convincing him!" I said as I stood behind Phoenix. Phoenix turned around and he sighed.

"You and Chance need to stop preventing him from leaving!" He said it back.

"You really have the guts to say that to my face huh?"

"Dean, all you need is to erase the damn rules.. It's simple!" He hissed and I took out my gun pointing it straight to his heart.

"You don't understand, do you?"

"You're the one who don't understand how it feels like to be happy, to finally surrender and let everything go." Bullshit.

"Danielle Leone. Do you know her?" My eyes widen when he mentioned her name.

"From the looks of it, you know her." Phoenix smirked completely mocking me.

"I think you should greet her because she's coming back to Italy."

"You're trying to pull my string huh?" I asked and Phoenix shook his head.

"Shouldn't you be.. giving ILLICIT back.. to the real owner?" He was trying to making me mad and it's working.

"What do you mean by that?" I turned to Angelo who stood behind me.

"You should ask your leader, Vander." Phoenix got into his car and left.

"What was that?" Angelo asked.

"You don't need to know. Get your sense back and stop thinking about Delaune!" I hissed as I threw the gun to him. I walked to my car completely pissed. He really dared pushing my button like that.

I called Paxton.

"Mr. Alessandro, what can I do for you?" He picked it up right away.

"Danielle, she didn't renew her contract?" I asked.

"That's impossible, Mr. Alessandro. She still has 3 more years."

"Make sure she renew her contract because I would kill you if she ends up in Italy!"