Chapter 16 - Attention

Angelo Vander

Rocco, the head of doctors in ILLICIT, treated my wounds that I have on my lower as I looked blankly on the floor.

"Mr. De Luca, I will send someone everyday to change the bandage. The cut is pretty deep and you need to put some-"

"I get it, I need to go.. are you done?" I asked.

"Yes, sir." I got up and walked out from the room. I went straight to the lab to see the progress of the car. I checked the battery and some testing data from my employees.

I walked to the car and plugged the new battery model. My employees were watching me intensely as they kept coming closer to me afraid that I repeat the last incident. I put the battery down.

Suddenly all my employees turned to the door and I turned around to see Dean walking in. He gestured me to follow him. I took off my lab coat and walked out following him.

He punched me as soon as I got close to him.

"What was that for?"

"If you don't finish those shit heads, I'm going to finish it!" He bursted angrily.

Franco and Felix are currently held under ILLICIT. Usually if you got under ILLICIT, you'll be dead by 24 hours but I kept pushing it back.

"You know I'm not collecting shit on my cells!" He hissed.

"Don't worry, I will finish them."

"Just give to the fucking police and be done with it. You can kill them if you want.. or.. maybe you don't want to kill them because of Dakota?" Dean looked at me like he was ready to kill me instead.

"No.. I have some things to take care of before killing them."

"I doubt that." Dean scoffed.

"If you don't do something to that two shitheads in 24 hours, I will finish them myself." He warned and I nodded as I wiped the blood from my mouth.

"Get your shit straight! Don't be like Phoenix and slowly like Adrian!" He hissed.

"You really do have a favorite.." I hissed back.

"Don't test me, Vander." He walked away and I rolled my eyes. I walked back to my lab and wiped all the blood on the side of my lips with some tissues.

My phone rang and it's Dakota. I turned my phone off and threw it to the table. I went back to work.

Dakota Delaune

My parents really didn't see it coming about Silware. They have a lot of mix feelings about it and I decided not to talk about them about it. I went to work but completely confuse what should I do since I don't need to help Angelo about Silware anymore.

I called him but it went straight to voicemail.

"Sabrina." I called her and she was one of Angelo's secretary.

"Yes, Ms. Delaune?"

"What is Mr. De Luca's schedule for today?" I asked.

"He has no schedule for today."

"So he's at home?" I asked curiously and she shook his head.

"Mr. De Luca rarely be at home. He is indeed working on a project but we don't know where he's doing his project at." Sabrina said as she checked his schedule again.

"So.. do you know anything about.. hmmm him being mean to his employees?"

"There's no such thing, Ms. Delaune. He's a really good boss."

"Really? But he looks.. cruel. I'm worried about Silware's employees." I said as I sat down on the seat in front of her desk.

"Oh?" She looked at me confused.

"What?"

"They all are moved to work on Mr. De Luca's companies." That left me speechless and I found myself smiling. I knew he's still has the old Angelo.

"Does he have a girlfriend?" I asked curiously.

"We don't really know about his private life, Ms. Delaune. We don't even know his friends." Is he that private? I know for a fact that he did have some girls but I don't know if he had anything serious with them.

"Thankyou, Sabrina. If he calls you, please tell him that I'm looking for him." I said.

"I will." I went to my office and opened my laptop. I checked the news and it's all about Silware bankruptcy. I called Sabrina's desk to ask where Felix and Franco are being held.

"About that, we don't know."

"How about the military team that surrounded us yesterday?" I asked her.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Delaune. I have no clue." I ended the call and kept trying to cal Angelo to ask him. I decided just to check all the files about Silware as I kept calling Angelo every hour but no answer.

"Where the hell is he?" I got out from my office and go straight to Sabrina's office.

"Angelo!" I called him as soon as I saw him walking towards his office. He turned to me and I quickly ran to him as fast as I can.

"Where were you?" I asked as I closed the door.

"Working."

"Where do you put Felix and Franco?" I asked as I walked towards him. He sat down on his chair and gestured me to sit down in front of his desk.

"Why? Do you want to pay a visit?" He asked looking straight into my eyes.

"I need to talk to them."

"About what? Marriage? I can help if you want to get married in jail." He suggested.

"Not funny."

"You don't need to know where they are now, just do you work."

"You need to give me a job." I said since he made that point. Angelo reached out grabbing his iPad and my eyes landed on arm.

"I'll be moving you to a ne-"

"What happened?" I grabbed it and pushed his sleeve up. It's actively bleeding and he immediately called Sabrina.

"Bring Jimmy here." He said and he pulled all his sleeve up to his elbow. He took the bandage off revealing a long deep cut on his lower arm.

"What happened?" I asked as I looked at him completely worried.

"You don't need to know."

"What did you do?" I asked and Angelo looked at me coldly. Someone knocked on the door and he let whoever behind it in. I turned to see a doctor walking in with an emergency kit.

"Mr. De Luca, let me treat your arm." The doctor said and Angelo nodded. The doctor started to clean the wound and putting some ointment before putting on a bandage over it.

"Thanks Jimmy."

"Welcome, Mr. De Luca." The doctor left.

"I can't believe you have a doctor here."

"About your work.."

"I'll move you to my new project, a project that won't require my attention."