Chapter 23 - Truth

Angelo Vander

"Angelo, it's not nice to greet someone that want to join us." Dean said in a nice tone but I know that was his sarcastic tone.

"Where's Dakota?" I asked Franco twice and as I pointed my gun to his heart.

"I'm not telling you until you let us be a part of ILLICIT." He said and I laughed at his statement.

"You can't even manage Silware yet you want to be a part of ILLICIT."

"Sorry if this man a little grumpy, how about you two come with me?" Dean said as he pushed me aside.

Dean will never accept a new member. The both of them won't come out alive. Them thinking that they will get into ILLICIT is the stupidest thing that I've ever heard.

They should pick to die on my hands rather on Dean's hands because.. mostly it's a slow death.

I saw Dean walking them both into the headquarters. I looked up to see the white laser on them. One wrong move, they will die instantly. What is exactly on Dean's mind?

"John, I need update." I said.

"We located her and she's not hurt at all."

"Good."

"But, sir.."

"What?"

"She refuses to come with us." I raised my eyebrows.

"Connect me with her."

"Yes, sir." John said and I sighed.

"Hello?"

"Why are you refusing?" I asked.

"He's going after you."

"And?"

"I don't want you to die. He told me to stay here!" I looked up to the sky.

"Dakota."

"What?" I just realized that she was crying.

"Dakota, just follow my men and they will bring you to safety."

"But.."

"We caught Franco already, don't worry." I saif as I walked towards my car.

"I don't trust you."

"Go with them, they will take you to me." I said.

"I don't trust you." She said and I ended the call. I called John to bring her by force.

Dean Alessandro

"Mr. Alessandro, Ms. Delaune is 2 minutes away." I nodded to Wesley. I pressed the green button.

"Do you guys really think that I will recruit a new member after you two.. break into my property?" I asked them and they both screamed begging me to get them out.

"You two don't take ILLICIT seriously huh?" I laughed and released the green button.

"Wesley, you know what to do.." I said and Wesley walked out from the room.

I sat down and looked at my new prisoners struggling. They started to blame each other for this and I laughed hearing them.

Being a part of ILLICIT?

How come do they think it will be easy? I recruited all the ILLICIT members before there's even ILLICIT.

"Mr. Alessandro." I got up and turned around to see Wesley bringing Dakota to me.

"Hello, Dakota." I smiled and Dakota looked at me raising her eyebrows. She turned to see Cornelius and Franco sitting in the middle of a white room tied to metal chairs.

"Glad to see you.. alive." I said as I gestured Wesley to go outside.

"Who are you? Are you Chance?" Chance did tell me about the incident.

"No, sadly.. I'm not Chance."

"Who are you then?"

"I heard that.. you need money." I said as I leaned to the wall. She turned to me and then turned to the two prisoners.

"Are you going to kill him?"

"Not me, but.. him." My eyes widen when I saw Angelo walking into the room from the other side. Angelo has a gun and knife with him.

"The man that.. you love is capable of killing people." I said as I put my hands on her shoulder from behind. I pushed her closer to the glass window. It's a one way window so Angelo couldn't see that Dakota is watching everything.

"Listen.." I said as I pressed the red button to hear what they're saying inside.

"You really have the guts to come here. You and your idiot brain!" Angelo threw a hard punch on Franco. Franco's nose bleed and I chuckled loving the scene.

"I should have killed you when you took down Silware, I should have killed you!" Angelo screamed and he threw a big blow right on his stomach making him coughing blood. Angelo grabbed a knife and tracing on Franco's neck.

I turned to Dakota and she was shaking and even closing her eyes.

"Do you still want to be with him?" I asked as I closed the window.

"I'm offering you 2 million euros to get away from his life. Move on and have a family.. I think you want that." I said and she was not answering. I rolled my eyes and this is why I don't settle down.

Women and their feelings.

"Leave him.. forget about him.." I said and she opened her eyes slowly. When she realized I closed the window, she turned to me.

"Why? Because it's dangerous for me to be around him?" She asked and I can say she's brave. I turned to the CCTV monitor behind him and Angelo already finished both men.

I switched the window and let her see..

I pressed the green button and slid the door open. Angelo turned around and his eyes widen when he saw Dakota standing there witnessing everything.

"Dakota." Angelo was speechless. He turned to me and I gestured him to go. I called Wesley.

"Mr. Alessandro."

"Get rid of the body and you can show Ms. Delaune her room upstairs after that." I said to Wesley. Angelo was dragged by my men from the other side.

"You're really evil." Dakota said and I chuckled.

"I can't believe you drag Angelo into this." She added.

"I don't force people, Dakota. Why would I force people into this? It's his choice and besides.. ILLICIT was the one who saved him."

"You're lying." She hissed.

"You should ask your father.. about his plan on killing him 10 years ago." Dakota turned to me.

"Do you think you still have the rights to be with him? If I didn't come for him back then, he would not be here today."

"You're lying.." She choked on her words.

"Why do you think he suddenly disappeared on the day of his graduation? He was buried.. almost die.. if I didn't see everything go down." She started to have a hard time breathing.

"He even begged me not to kill your father. For me, a life for a life. Especially if you touch someone I love.. you have to pay for it." I smirked and I gestured Wesley to bring her upstairs.