Chapter 37 - See You Again

Angelo Vander

"Should we.. make a similar floor plans to the previous ILLICIT headquarters?" Adrian asked. The new ILLICIT headquarters has 12 floors up and 4 floors down. It's already done but now we're planning every floors division.

"Can we make it different?" I suggested.

"I don't want my office to be in the 5th floor, let's put the office on the 9th or 10th floor." Phoenix said and I nodded.

"Do you remember the floor plans?" I asked Adrian.

"For the London one yes.. but I do like the France headquarters." He said and I walked to one of the empty rooms.

Suddenly I have a question on my mind for those two, I walked back to them and saw some labels with Lana, Leah and Dakota's name on the table.

"Oh." I said when I saw the labels.

"What?" Adrian turned to me.

"I was going to ask about it.."

"Are you both sure about dragging your wives to our worlds?" I asked and Phoenix nodded.

"I rather have her know what kind of field that we're in than her having zero understanding about this.." He said and he got a point.

"Why? You're not planning to have Dakota with us?"

"I was thinking about it."

"Trust me, they're badass women." Adrian said and Phoenix rolled his eyes.

"You're going to make them an office?" I asked.

"Yes, they're a part of us now. They will have their own office and space." Adrian answered.

"Okay." I said and I started to roam the new place. I actually like the design and the floor plannings. This reminds me of stepping into the previous ILLICIT headquarters for the first time.

It was thrilling and.. exciting.

"Angelo!" I turned to Phoenix who's still on the ground floor.

"What?"

"White or black?" He asked.

"Black!" He gave me an okay sign and I decided to go to the rooftop of the new ILLICIT headquarters. It really reminded me of my favorite place in the previous ILLICIT headquarters.

I saw a lot of trucks going back and forth to the new base. They're carrying a lot of tools, furnitures and gadgets into the new building.

"Just like old times huh?" I turned to Adrian who stood beside me.

"Yeah, it felt weird standing up here."

"I know." Adrian patted my shoulder.

"It felt unreal too when Phoenix told me his plans."

"I'm worried for Chance and Dean."

"Aria is getting engaged." That made me look at him right away.

"What?"

"How did Chance react?"

"I don't know. I'm pretty sure my sister is.. going crazy with now."

"Well.. let's hope he leaves ILLICT."

"That would take a while." Adrian sighed and I can't help but agreeing.

"We will have a meeting in 20 minutes for the designs, come down when it's time." He said and I nodded. He left me alone and I looked up to the sky.

ILLICIT saved me. I won't be here if it's not because of Dean who saved my life. We were strangers back then but he saw everything going down. He knew he had to save me and.. I owe him a lot.

Leaving ILLICIT was not easy and I had to cope with that before going back to Dakota. It was so hard to the point that I regreted for a split second.

Dean was still nice enough to spare me a life knowing that I'm going to the US to find Danielle Leone.

When Phoenix left, I was hurt. I never thought he would dare to do it but in the end of the day he left.

It's all because of Phoenix who dared to take the first step of going against Dean. Dean thought only Phoenix who would leave ILLICIT but now it's 3 members.

I understand if he's mad or even.. trying to stop us.

He's just acting like a big brother who don't trust his little brother going out alone. He gave his everything for us and sometimes it felt like betraying him by leaving.

I really want Dean to feel what I feel right now. I want to share my happiness with him. He went through a lot and if there's a person who deserves to be happy is him.

My phone rang and it's Dakota.

"Hello."

"Hey, how's the new headquarters?" She asked.

"It's great, never thought Phoenix and Adrian would build it fast."

"Really? Well.. I can't wait to see it.. if.. you allow me." I chuckled when she said that.

"You're actually going to have an office here, the boys decided you can join in and become a part of us."

"..."

"Dakota?"

"I'm excited!" She squealed.

"I was speechles earlier.. sorry for the late reactions but I can't wait!" She screamed through the phone.

"But.. on one condition."

"What? What?"

"You need to learn how to defend yourself. I'm going to teach you how to use weapons and some other things. Do you agree?" I asked.

"Yes!"

"Good."

"Oh! Can you buy some steak when you come home later? I want to cook some fancy dinner tonight."

"Sure thing."

"Okay! Love you."

"Love you too." She ended the call and I giggled.

I looked down to see trucks bringing our sports car in and some bikes too. I'm excited about our future. I know it won't be easy but.. we have each other.

There's still two members left who are pretty much have rocks as their brain. I hope they will find love and eventually let everything go.

I miss them already. I want them to join us and reunite again.

Thank you so much ILLICIT for giving me hope and understanding about the definition of friendship and family. I really want us to be together and face the world together like we used to but this time, our significant other will join and be happy for us.

ILLICIT, I'll see you again.. this is not a goodbye.

THE END.