Chapter 12 - Damage

Dakota Delaune

"Good job.. I like your idea." Franco said to me when I told him about my 'plan' on working with Angelo. He thought it was a brilliant idea despite him knowing that I'm still in love with that man.

He's so dumb that I can't even explain it.

I told my father about it earlier too and he didn't like the idea at all. He even told me that he has a bad feeling that it will not end well. He told me that he wanted me to marry Franco and be done with it. He doesn't even realize that it made me want to run away more than before.

Ever since I was a kid, life never been easy.

I might come from a rich family but I never feel happy at all. I've always feel trapped in my own home and this explains why I never really got close with my parents. They're too busy with work but still control my life to be the perfect daughter.

That's when Angelo came into my life and gave me a reason to.. continue to live and just give me the real definition of happiness even though only for a short period of time.

It was enough for me. Angelo was more than enough. That's why I never moved on from that man.

*flashback*

"Do you think my father will kill me after he finds out I'm not learning Spanish?" I asked as I looked up to the beautiful night sky. Angelo chuckled at my statement.

"He will be angry but.. just pretend that he's practicing his speech when you listen to him blabbering." He said and I laughed.

"I thought you're a nice kid who will always obey older people but I guess wrong."

"Respect. You need to earn respect from someone. You told me about your background and you don't need to respect him when he never even try to respect you as a daughter." He said and that made me turn to him.

"I'm not perfect, coping with life on your own was never easy but I've learned a lot of things from people." He said as he smiled at me.

"True." I agreed and turned back to the beautiful night sky. I closed my eyes and felt the wind flowing pass my skin.

"What is your dream, Angelo?" I asked as I slowly opened my eyes.

"I don't know. I want to be someone who can make a lot of money. Money is clearly everything."

"Really? How about love?" I asked as I turned to him hoping that he would say things like he needed me in his life or maybe a sudden confession since we touched the topic.

"Love? That's the last thing I want on this world."

*end of the flashback*

Back then.. I was slowly falling for him. I knew that I was in love with him and my happiness was depend on him. When he knew about my feelings, he didn't like it.

A lot of things happened after that and one day.. he just left.

I flinched when I heard my phone ringing. Speaking of the devil, Angelo, himself called me. I picked it up immediately.

"Hello."

"Where are you?"

"In Paris, in Silware's office. Why?" I asked and I heard him sighing.

"Tell your fucking fiance to stop making calls and make decisions for the company. He's not making the situation any better!" Angelo bursted in anger and I even put my phone away for a second.

"You're calling me for what? To take care of him?" I asked in a bored tone. Suddenly silence..

"Hello?"

"Fuck!" He cursed and ended the call. I can't believe this man, he still has that temper. As much as I love him, he has to fix it. I always got a little bit of his anger issues and I don't think he will change soon.

Angelo Vander

"Where the fuck is Franco?" I bursted into the Silware office and employees started to pointing out his whereabouts. I bursted into his office and didn't hesitate to grab his collar. I threw a big punch at him.

"Angelo!" I heard Dakota calling my name and as I was about to grab his collar, Dakota stopped me. She stood between me and Franco, she pushed me away from him and looked straight into my eyes.

"Didn't I tell you.. I'm working on it?" Dakota raised her voice and that calmed me down.

"You fucker." Franco hissed and he was ready to throw a punch at me. I was ready to kill him when Dakota stood in front of me taking the punch from Franco. Dakota fell to the floor and that made me so furious.

I grabbed Franco and punched him so hard. I didn't give him time to even react to my punches. I kicked him on his thighs, punched his ribs hard, kicked his back and then gave him my full power blow to his face until he was knocked out.

"Angelo!" Dakota screamed at me when he saw Franco was laying there unconscious. I grabbed her hand and pulled her to see her face. Her jaw was slowly turning red and that made me more piss.

"Don't even think about it!" She held me before I can even turn around to kill Franco. How dare he punch the wom- fuck!

"Where are you going?" I pushed Dakota's hand away and walked out from the office completely pissed. I went up to the main office to work on the damage that Franco made.

This afternoon, Franco decided to make Silware's reputation fall down to zero by causing customer to sue the company for millions of dollar. I knew it was his doing pretty easily and I was ready to kill him a few hours ago.

"Angelo.." I turned to see Dakota walking into the office.

"What happened?" She asked and she has no clue about what happened huh? I gestured her to turn on the TV and she did. When she heard the news, she only gasped and she proceed to storm out the room.