Chapter 26 - Go

Dakota Delaune

"What exactly is on your mind, Dakota?" Chance asked me and I looked at him nervously.

"Trying to steal a gun. What for? I'm pretty sure Dean told you that you can go out later on in the evening."

"I didn't mean to.. it was just.. I'm scared." I said and Chance chuckled.

"Scared of what?" He asked.

I was bored earlier that I called the guards that I'm hurting. One of them called the nurse and one of them stayed with me. The nursed ended up bringing me to one of their doctor's office but the doctor wasn't present.

She left me there alone thinking I wouldn't go out and roam around. I went out and accidently found a room with Angelo's name on it. I got into the room and looked around.

I found a lot of pictures of dead bodies, data about weapons and I was scared. Seeing Angelo killed Franco was already traumatizing but now.. it came to me.

I don't know if I was okay with the fact that he killed people or I was trying to be okay with the fact that he killed people.

I quickly walked to the other side of the room hoping to find something or to learn more about Angelo. Then I saw the photo of him completely bruised up all over his face and body. He was laying in a fresh grave.

I heard a lot of footsteps from outside and my reflect was to grab a gun. I was scared and completely lost. I went out with the gun and ran back to the doctor's office but Chance caught me.

I tried to explain to him but he was not listening. He took the gun from me and pointed it to my forehead in front of a lot of people.

"I don't like you." Chance said and he gestured the guards to bring me back to my original room. They forced me to sit down and I can see Chance was talking on the phone with someone.

"Good news for you." Chance said as he walked into the room.

"Take 1.5 million euros and walk away or.. I'll kill you right here right now." He said and I looked at him disbelief.

"Come on, Dakota. It's not a hard choice. Do you really think that you can still be with Angelo?"

"Let me ask you a couple questions." I said and he gestured me to ask away.

"Is it true? About my dad and Franco? This is not some kind of trick to send me off right?" I asked curiously.

"As you seriously asking me that? You were in his lab earlier, I bet you saw something there.."

"He took over Silware completely knowing that there's two killers in the room." I stated and Chance nodded.

"Now you know.. do you still have the heart to be with him?" Chance asked as he looked into my eyes and I shook my head.

"Good."

"Leave him, we'll help you get out of Europe of you want to." Chance offered.

"But.."

"What? What do you want now?"

"I'll go.. I'll go away from Angelo but please.. can you let me see him for the last time? I want to.. properly apologize, that way I can live without regreting anything." I said sincerely and Chance chuckled.

"Angelo is just too kind." Chance got up from his seat.

"We'll hold on to your words, Dakota." He added.

"Yeah."

Angelo Vander

As soon as I arrived at the headquarters, I ran inside. I even asked one of the employees where Chance is and he apparently already left. I walked to Dakota's room and she's still there.

"Hey." She greeted me.

"What happened? Where's Chance?"

"He left, there's just a little misunderstanding between us." She said as I saw on the chair next to the hospital bed.

"Did you get hurt?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Do you remember when we.. ditched school one time where we decided to go to the movies?" She suddenly asked as she looked down to her fingers.

"Yeah."

"I remembered confessing my love for you and you just left after that." She turned to me.

"Yeah."

"I was waiting for you at the park hoping that you will have your answer to my question."

"Yeah."

"You really don't have any vocabulary other than that?" She hissed.

"I told myself that I have to move on and make you regret not being with me but here I am still loving you." She laughed at herself.

"Angelo."

"Hmm?"

"Thankyou. Thankyou for everything and I'm really sorry. I knew you went through a lot since high school until now, I was indeed being selfish demanding you to love me back." She sat on the edge of the bed facing me. I know where this is going, she's saying goodbye but not directly.

"Where are you going?"

"What?" She looked at me dumbfound.

"Where are you going this time?"

"Angelo, what are you saying?"

"I know you won't go back to your father, I bet you're going somewhere. You're saying goodbye right now.." I said and she's speechless.

"You can go but let me settle everything straight here." I said as I could feel the pain on my heart. I really can't choose between her or ILLICIT.

"Our feelings are mutual, Dakota, but I really can't be with you.. not because what happened 10 years ago or because of your father or because of Franco." I said truthfully.

"I might capable of protecting you but I bet there's a slight chance of me slipping. ILLICIT is indeed a really dangerous job and I don't want risking your life and be selfish. You were in danger when Franco wanted to be a part of ILLICIT. I was never there.. I wasn't there to check your condition and make sure everything is okay."

"This situation will happen again in the future, I rather have you out there alive and well than being with me but scared." I added and she chuckled.

"You really don't know me huh?" She asked.

"I would rather spend my life with you even though I know everyday I will wake up with threats or maybe danger but at least.. we will figure out something."

"I'm sorry that I told you that I regretted loving you, it was just.. I'm frustrated. I've been loving you for over a decade but still.. no way out between us."

"Where will you go?" I asked.

"I don't know still figure things out." She smiled as she got off the bed. She pulled my hand making me stand up.

"Can I kiss you? One last time?" She asked and I nodded. She circled her arms around my neck and pulled me towards her. She crashed her lips to mine and I kissed her back with the same pace.

I hope I won't regret letting her go.