Chapter 2 - New Person

Dakota Delaune

I never thought I will see Angelo Vander again after all these years. After graduating highschool, I went straight to America because I couldn't handle the heartbreak and to runaway from marrying Franco.

I never wanted to hear anything related to Angelo Vander and I've been trying my best to erase the memories of him but I can't. It was like a curse to me because I can't forget about him. His name was tattooed on my brain that I just can't seem to get him out of my mind, my life and my heart.

I found myself not functioning well everytime I saw him.

He walked towards me and I couldn't find any strength on my legs. I can't even take a step forward or backwards. I tried to avoid having an eye contact with him by looking down to the ground.

"Hello, Dakota." When I heard his voice, I want the earth to swallow me now. I looked up to him and he smiled at me.

"He- Hello, Angelo." I suttered like an idiot.

"Fancy seeing you here." I thought he's not the kind of person who will come to a ball like this. He hates crowds, he rather stay at home than mingling with a lot of people.

"You don't like this kind of events, I should be saying that." I said to him as I looked at the crowd.

"Happy Birthday." That second, I could feel tears slowly filling my eyes. I took a really deep breath trying my best to hold my tears from falling down. I kept looking to dance floor so Angelo won't notice it.

"What's your wish for this year?" He asked and unconsciously I turned my head to him.

"My wish will never come true, it's been like that since I turn 18." I said as I looked straight to his eyes. He knew what my 18th birthday wish was. Angelo chuckled and he nodded.

"It's been-"

"Before you say something that will hurt me on my birthday, I rather not hear it. I know you don't like me and hate my guts but I rather not hear anything tonight, Angelo." I said as I put my hand in front him.

"I'm going to get engaged tonight." I said as I put down my hands. "You said that since 10 years ago but you're still single now." He said in a bored tone.

"For real this time, I can't avoid it anymore." I said looking straight into his eyes.

"Look who's here? The poor boy." I turned to see Franco and he slipped his arm around my waist. Angelo's eyes darkens and he hates when Franco called him that.

"What are you doing here? This is for rich and wealthy people only." Franco mocked him and Angelo laughed sarcasticly.

"You should get your ass out and stop talking to my fiancee."

"Franco." I hissed glaring at him.

"Very well. I'll see you tomorrow then." Angelo said as he took a step back. Franco glared at him hard and Angelo walked out from the ballroom.

"Who allowed him to come into this event?"

"Everyone could come, Franco." I hissed.

"Why do you like that shit anyway? You should play with your own kind, Dakota." Franco brought me to my family and I couldn't help but thinking about Angelo.

That night, the engagement really happened. I was not happy at all. Not the fact that I saw Angelo again after 9 years and then he wished me happy birthday. All night, I couldn't sleep at all. I was busy thinking about him and cursing on the engagement ring.

I hate Franco and I don't want to marry him at all. No matter how hard I try to explain to my parents about Franco, they will ignore me. They really love Franco's family and they want to unite it so bad. They will never accept my opinion.

I'm clearly so miserable because of this.

The next day, I have to get ready for work. There's a board meeting today regarding who will be the next CEO of Silware. Silware is Franco's family company and for the past 3 years, the company isn't doing well. My father had been helping them to come back up but Franco was indeed not the best leader. The company lost a lot of money because of Franco's stupidity so his father decided not to let him take over.

Recently, there's an investor who's willing to take over the company. Since my family was one of the shareholders, we will be meeting this man and decide if he would take over Silware company or not.

"Good morning my fiancee." Franco greeted me as I got out from the lift walking towards the meeting room. I glared at him and he raised his eyebrows.

"You should not be smiling, you might not have that CEO title anymore." I hissed at him and he shrugged. He was pretty confident about his position but I doubt that he will still have that spot.

His stupidity is out of this world.

I walked into the meeting room and sat down. All the shareholders already sitting in the meeting room waiting for the new investor to come. I heard his name was Valentino De Luca, he's Italian.

"Mr. De Luca is here." We immediately got up from our seat to welcome him. The door opened and the man entered. My eyes widen and my breath got hitch. I turned to Franco who was as speechless as me.

Valentino De Luca is Angelo Vander. Angelo Vander is Valentino De Luca.

Angelo landed his eyes on me and he smirked. He turned to Franco smirking knowing that Franco didn't see it coming. If Angelo is Valentino De Luca then.. it means he's the Italian Billionaire who rumoured to be a part of ILLICIT.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Franco bursted and I can hear all the people in the room gasped in shock.

"Franco!" Franco's father hissed at his son and Franco turned to him.

"I told you last night that I will see you again tomorrow." Angelo smirked big time and he turned to me.

"You should behave your fiance, Ms. Delaune. He should be grateful that I'm going to save his ass from having his company bankrupt."