Chapter 17 - Night

Angelo Vander

"Mr. De Luca, she moved into Anthony Markell's house in Milan." I raised my eyebrows when I heard that information.

"When?"

"She's currently moving in." I took a really deep breath and let it out slowly. I turned my chair around looking at the beautiful night view trying to calm myself down.

"Thanks, let me know if there's more update." I said and ended the call. I put my phone on the table and looked out the window.

You have to let her go slowly, Angelo. You know you can't have her and lef's just think of it as a practice.

My phone rang and turned around grabbing my phone.

It's Dakota.

"What do you want?" I asked as I picked up her call.

"I was wondering if you.. want to have dinner with me." I looked at the time and it's almost 8pm.

"I'm busy."

"I just moved into my new apartment, I'm cooking." She said and I closed my eyes. I wanted to reject her offer but my heart can't lie.

"Send me your address." I said and she squealed in excitement.

"Don't overwork yourself. You can continue your work tomorrow.."

"I'm the boss here." I hissed and she chuckled.

"You have to come right away." She said and I endded the call. She sent me the address and I got up from my seat. I walked out from my office.

"I want my car ready." I said to my secretary and walked towards the lift. I got into the lift and leaned to the wall. I let out a long sigh and why am I doing this?

I think I'm doing this because seeing Phoenix got married with Lana. I'm jealous that he's happy but at the same time, I hate him for being stupid. If he didn't decide to settle down, this won't happen.

I walked out the lift once I'm at the lobby. All my staff greeted me and I walked towards my car. I got into my car and put Dakota's address on the GPS.

"Let's not kill people tonight." I said to myself knowing that this place is Anthony Markell's. I drove there as fast as I can as I pictured her with Anthony Markell getting cozy with each other.

I parked my car right in front of the building. I got into the building and got into the lift right away. Pressing the number 7 a few times hoping that I can speed up. I got out and looked for the unit number 704. I pressed the door bell.

"You're here." Dakota opened the door and I nodded. She gestured me to get in and I looked around her new place.

"You live alone in this apartment?" I asked wanting to know her answer. She closed the door and walked beside me.

"No, I'll be living with my friend. He's one of my closest friend from LA that happened to work here in Milan." She said in a cheerful tone.

"Sit down.. it's almost done." She said and I sat down on the chair that is facing the window.

"How is Felix and Franco doing with the investigation?" She asked and I turned to her.

"Why are you asking?"

"I just want to know. You can punish them but.. don't hurt them by shooting them or maybe thinking about killing them." She said as she put two plates on the kitchen table. She opened the oven taking something out.

"No promises. Besides why should you be kind to them? They're not good people." I said.

"They're not but you are." I always hate when she thinks that I'm this great and kind. I'm far from that and I think people knew that.

"You can do better." She added.

"You don't know me." I said and she put a plate full of steak in front of me. She sat right across the table and she took off her apron. She started to cut the steak and I sighed.

"Seeing you again after all these years has been a blessing to me. I'm enjoying it like I'm not going to see you tomorrow." I started cutting my steak and ignoring her statement.

We both started eating without talking to each other.

Suddenly the door bursted open and I turned to see a man walking in with a glass of champagne.

"Dakota, I-" He froze when he saw me.

"Anthony, this is my.. uhmm boss, Valentino De Luca." Dakota introduced me to him. He walked towards me and put his hand out. I took it and he smiled.

"Mr. De Luca, it's nice to meet you." He said and I pulled my hand away.

"Bought a champagne for us tonight." He said to her and I continued to eat. I was trying my best not to.. let my emotions take over me.

"Great."

"I'll leave you two alone then." Anthony said and he quickly went out from the apartment.

"Cheap champagne."

"We're not as rich as you, Mr. De Luca. We often just buy bottle alcohol and drink it at home until we're drunk." I looked straight into her eyes completely imagining her getting drunk with him and eventually have sex.

I put my fork and knife down, I got up and grabbed the bottle of champagne.

"What are you doing?" She asked as I'm opening the bottle.

"Angelo, what are you doing?" She hissed and I grabbed the glass of water in front of me pouring all the water to the pot in the middle of the table. I poured the champagne to the glass drinking it in one shot.

"Shitty champagne."

"Did you come here with your driver?" She asked and I poured more.

"Stop drinking it!" Dakota tried to take it away from me and I looked at her coldly.

"What is wrong with you? I invited you to eat not to drink! It's for me and Anthony!" She glared at me hard.

"Don't boss me around." She sat down looking at me disbelief.

"You really have your own ways to ruin my night." She said and I ignored.

As long as you don't fuck him, I don't mind ruining your night everyday.