xxx. the sun, the moon, the truth

chapter thirty the sun, the moon, the truth

chapter thirty
the sun, the moon, the truth

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

TRYING TO hold down a seizing Brett on Deaton's exam table at the Animal Clinic was not how Odessa Stone pictured how her night would go. After Stiles called his Dad to tell him what happened, the boy and Odessa brought Brett to the Jeep to take him to Deaton since he was the only one awake after being attacked. The Stone was just glad Brett didn't start seizing until they got him to the Animal Clinic because his head was laid on her lap in the backseat of the Jeep, and it would've been very uncomfortable if he started spasming everywhere.

Odessa kept her grip firmly on Brett's shoulder as Stiles took the other one while yellow foam arose from the boy's mouth along with his seizing. The blonde tried to hold in her disgust at the liquid coming very close to her skin as she could see Stiles struggle with the same thing.

"What the hell is happening to this kid," the Stilinski exclaimed as he and Odessa struggled to keep Brett still.

"He's been poisoned by a rare wolfsbane," Deaton informed, coming from one of his cabinets and to Stiles' side of the table with a blade in hand, "I need to make an incision and you need to hold him as still as possible."

Giving him the side-eye at his comment of keeping Brett still, saying it like it was so easy to do, Odessa looked at Derek who came next to her to try and help. Seeing this as well, Stiles grunted, "hey, Derek, how about a little werewolf strength?"

"Yeah, I'm not the only one here with werewolf strength."

Odessa scoffed at the Hale's remark, pushing down on Brett's shoulder harder, "don't start with me, Hale."

"If you can't hold him still, the incision might kill him," Deaton recalled with a deadpan, annoyed at the back and forth. Before he could proceed with the procedure, Brett's struggling became greater.

"He's slipping," Stiles tried to keep the boy on the table, but to no avail, "I don't think I can hold him."

Without their knowledge, Brett started to wake up, his yellow eyes glowing as he used them to look around his surroundings. With a growl, Brett pushed everyone away from him, sitting up and off the table. He looked around at the people around him, and before he could run out, he was met with a punch to his face, sending him to the floor unconscious.

Eyes wide at what they just witnessed, Odessa and the others looked to Peter, who threw the punch, in shock. His blue eyes glowed as they traveled around the room, unfazed by the looks he received, "I guess I still have a little werewolf strength myself."

"Yeah, maybe more than a little," Derek eyes his Uncle carefully, only earning a smirk in response.

"Hey, Doc," Stiles called, looking down at Brett who laid still on the ground, "I don't think he's breathing."