xxix. a kanima's venom

chapter thirty ninea kanima's venom

chapter thirty nine
a kanima's venom

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

HAPPINESS COULD not even be used to describe how Odessa Stone was feeling while watching the Sheriff get ready for his date. A date! When Stiles confided in her about his Dad no longer wearing his wedding ring, she could hear the sadness in his voice. So naturally, Odessa turned his Dad's bare ring finger into a positive.

His Dad was moving on after grieving a terrible loss, but he was moving on. And he wasn't forcing himself to or pressuring himself to—he was doing it on his own terms. That's what changed Stiles perspective on the situation. And the boy was glad he heard it from her.

The Stone was currently in her regular position between Scott and Stiles as the three watched the ladder's Dad get ready for his date. Unlike her boyfriend, Odessa knew exactly who the Sheriff was going out with, but she was sworn to secrecy.

Sworn to secrecy with Lydia who told Odessa that her Mom was the one going on a date with the Sheriff.

She liked being the one in the know, especially if it meant she could torture her boyfriend with her knowledge and his lack of.

"Oh," the Sheriff muttered to himself as he tried to tame his hair, "I should've got a haircut."

Stiles walked to stand in front of his Father, "well, you know someone your age should be happy you still have hair to cut."

Odessa couldn't help but wack her boyfriend in the head for his comment, muttering a sarcastic, "nice," as she took her place in between the boys again.

"I think you look great."

"Yeah, Sheriff, very spiffy."

The man smiled at Scott and Odessa and addressed them appropriately, "well, thank you, son I should've had, and girl whom my son doesn't deserve."

As Stiles made a sound of offense, the blonde next to him let out a small snort at the comment, finding the Sheriff's opinion thoroughly amusing, and somewhat flattering? She was mostly glad he approved of their relationship as much as he did. Odessa quickly covered her mouth to prevent any more laughter coming out when her boyfriend gave her an incredulous look.

"Oh, what the hell am I doing," Stilinski groaned as he started to loosen his tie, "this is a terrible idea."

Stiles stopped his Dad's movements and began to fix the tie and suit jacket, "what, Dad... Dad, it's one date, okay? The town of Beacon Hills won't implode while you're out with one woman. Or man," he raised his brows at his Dad at the last sentence.