epilogue.

epilogueodessa and stiles

epilogue
odessa and stiles

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

ODESSA STONE never thought she would find love. She never thought she would ever find family, a home. Somewhere to store her heart safely within to keep safe and away from harm. But she did.

It had been three months since the McCall pack defeated the Wild Hunt, and two months since Odessa and her boyfriend, Stiles Stilinski, moved into their little apartment in Virginia, only a walking distance from his university campus.

Odessa had decided to take a gap year just to see what she wanted to do with her life while Stiles completed his six month pre-FBI program before he went to Virginia Tech for two years. It was the end of summer and his program was about to start. And while Stiles couldn't contain his excitement, Odessa couldn't contain her excitement for him.

Waking up to an empty bed wasn't her favorite thing in the world, but Odessa knew he was probably out for his usual morning runs. She usually joined him but she guessed he let her sleep in due to their... tiring activities the night before.

Stretching deeper into her bed, Odessa let out a heavy sigh, knowing she had to take on the day. Which didn't include much because she wasn't an upcoming college student and didn't have a job yet.

If she were being honest, finding a job was not a top priority for Odessa. She wanted to discover her passion and see what she wanted to do with her life. But she knew she would have to apply somewhere just to make some extra cash and leave the apartment. Maybe a job at Barnes & Noble would do. She made a mental note in her head to check if they were hiring near her.

Sluggishly getting out of bed. Odessa sauntered into the living area connected to the kitchen to see her breakfast already waiting for her on the dining table. Yes, their place was small but enough for them. As a smile automatically graced her lips from his thoughtfulness, she picked up the note that came along with her meal.

Hey, pretty girl,
went out for a run, will be back soon. enjoy your breakfast and be sure to save some for me ;)
lovie

What a cheeky boy.

Shaking her head with a chuckle, Odessa dug into her breakfast that consisted of Eggo waffles, bacon, leftover hash browns they made a few mornings ago and a cup of orange juice. He was too good to her.

About halfway through her meal, and pretty deep into scrolling through her Instagram feed, the door to the apartment opened and her hazel eyed boy came through it clad in gray sweatpants and a white short sleeve t-shirt. Yum.

Odessa smiled brightly at him as he made himself visible, closing her eyes when he leaned down to press a soft kiss on her forehead as a greeting. She watched him go to the fridge and grab his own plate he saved for himself before placing it in the microwave. Their morning consisted of light conversation and smiles. Like it always did. Just the way they liked it.

After all the hardships, after all of the ups and downs, what Odessa and Stiles deserved was the feeling of a normal, domestic life. And to some it may be boring, but to them, it was a breath of fresh air. What they had was a breath of fresh air on a bright summer's day.

Odessa didn't know what the future held. She didn't know where life would take her. But what she knew for sure, was that she would face it with him. Her lovie, her hazel eyed boy, her Stiles.

And that was enough for her. It always would be.

fin