xxxii. dead on arrival

chapter thirty twodead on arrival

chapter thirty two
dead on arrival

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

"IS THREE enough?"

It was the day after the PSATs and no one had heard from Malia since. Odessa Stone had left text message after text message and call after call to the girl but didn't get any response in return. The Stone felt as though this wasn't something she could simply apologize for. No matter how much she said sorry to Malia, it didn't change the fact that she, along with everyone else in the pack, left out vital information that Malia deserved to know from the beginning.

The McCall pack was no closer to finding out who the Benefactor was, and the close call at the school forced them to really take matters into their own hands. They had a plan. A very stupid and sucky plan, but a plan nonetheless.

"Depends on how many cameras they have," Stiles shrugged at Kira's question, glancing around the table. The group consisted of him, Odessa, Scott, Kira and Liam, "but I think so."

"Are we really doing this?"

Scott nodded instantly at his Beta, "we're doing it. Tonight."

"But isn't it kind of dangerous," Liam shifted his stance nervously.

Before Scott could answer, Stiles interjected firmly, "it's incredibly dangerous. And borderline idiotic."

"Have you guys done something like this before?"

Odessa tilted her head at Liam's question, breaking her silence, "something dangerous? Or something idiotic? Because it's a yes to both."

The older teens watched the Beta drop his head with wary features. His Alpha gave him a reassuring look, "you don't have to be part of it if you don't want to."

"I'm not scared," Liam firmly declared.

"Then you're borderline idiotic," the Stilinski patted the boy on his shoulder, ignoring the incredulous glance a certain blonde sent his way, "if we do this, we don't know what coming for us. You know that, right?"

Kira glanced around the table with hesitant optimism, "how do we even know something's definitely coming?"

"Because the tape from Garrett's bag said visual confirmation required," her boyfriend relayed.

"Simon said the same thing," Stiles added. From next to him, Odessa could feel a chill go down her spine at the reminder of what almost happened to the boy while the rest of them were in the vault. Simon, the instructor, almost killed Stiles but was luckily saved by Agent McCall just in time, "he couldn't get paid by The Benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead."