one

Numb. That's all Vittoria felt.

Her mother was dead.

Her and her twin were staring off into space while chained up to the metal table in front of them.

They were the "trouble children" of the small town they lived in and it was a unspoken rule that they were to not be trusted.

They weren't chained up because they were in trouble, but you never know.

Vincenzo stared at the glass in front of him.

He knew their were other people staring back, but he didn't give off anything.

No sadness. No anger.

No emotions.

That was the rule.

Their mother was loving but she also taught them that this world was cruel.

When in doubt hide your emotions. But never bottle them.

Simple as that.

Vittoria took her eyes off the wall and glanced at the officer who just entered the door.

"So." He sighed with folded hands.

Damn. That was never a good sign.

"We did a slightly complicated DNA check, and it looks like you guys got some family." He smiled.

The twins did not.

"Furthermore," He continued "It looks like your mom said for the custody of you two to go to a certain "Alessandro Ricci". "

"Ring any bells?" He tried.

The twins nodded. They knew who he was.

They just didn't want to go with him.

Or the rest of them.

"So you guys would be okay with living with him." He said perking up.

"Define "okay"." Vittoria snorted.

That flattened the officer, but nonetheless he exited the room and started some paperwork and a very special phone call was being made as they spoke.

"See now," Vincenzo started "Why the hell would they ask, then do it anyway." He asked quite annoyed.

"That's how these things work, baby brother." She grinned.

"You're older by six fucking minutes, you yellow eyed-"

"Don't finish that sentence, someone's coming." Vittoria interrupted his insult as she heard the faint footsteps nearing.

"And my eyes are not yellow you green eyed bastard." She whispered to her fraternal twin in a hurried manor as the door opened.