twenty-two

Entering the establishment, the Ricci family stood together in such a formation that soldiers would straighten up.

"Alessandro Ricci." He spoke to the girl at the front desk.

"Oh Mr. Ricci!" She flustered making Alessandro cringe internally.

"Here's your table number." She handed him a slip of paper and let her hand linger on his a little to long.

She frowned when he snatched his hand back and wiped it on his slacks.

"Please refrain from touching me." He said with a hint of disgust in his emotionless voice.

"Well if you ever want to see a good time-"

"No thank you I have a girlfriend." He smiled fakely before waking away, his brothers in tow.

"Hey uh," Vittoria glanced at her name tag "Jenna, you should try brazilian lip fillers next time, cause those ain't working for ya, sweets." She said with a smirk.

She strutted off leaving Vincenzo with the girl.

Jenna recovered from her initial shock and shifted her weight and popped her hip, trying to look sexy.

"You are barking up the wrong tree, babes." He laughed before walking away leaving her pouting.

The Ricci's were led to a secluded room at the back of the restaurant that held a extremely large table with over ten seats.

Three other people sat at the table and chatted lightly.

Vittoria and Vincenzo leaned cooly against a wall as the three women spoke to one another.

"Alessandro!" A woman with curly hair stood up cheerfully.

"Hello, Aunt Viola. You are looking gorgeous tonight." Alessandro said respectfully as Viola whacked his arm.

"Please stop with the compliments." She waved him off before giving him a hug.

Alessandro secretly smiled into her shoulder, basking in the feeling of the familiar warmth radiating from his aunt that he longed to have radiating from his mother.

Viola continued to hug all of her nephews before stopping at the twins.

"Who're you?" She tilted her head in confusion.

(an: if you read whore, you're not alone😫🙌)

"Vittoria Ricci, maam." She held out her hand.
"Vincenzo Ricci maam." Her twin repeated her actions.

"Vittoria and Vincenzo?" She asked as her face softened completely.

"Guilty." Both twins said with a small smirk on their faces.

"She named you after them." She softly smiled before bringing them into bone crushing hugs.

"Mom." A girl with blonde locks said "Who are they?" She seemed genuinely interested.

"These are your cousins. Your Aunt Val's children." She introduced them and all cousins had shocked looks.

"So they're adopted like me?" The girl perked up. She seemed nice.

"Ye-" Viola stared before multiple people cut her off.

"No." The twins and Alessandro spoke up.

"What do you mean no?" Viola asked.
Quite honestly she was ready for a damn drink, all these confusing things going on around her were giving her a headache.

"They're not adopted. They are mom and dads biological kids." Alessandro smiled with jazz hands.

"I thought Aunt Val couldn't have kids." Another girl spoke up confusedly.