twelve

Vittoria looked away from the dark hazel eyes that were captivating her attention and focused on the rest of the group who threw them confused looks (except for Vincenzo) before turning back to their food.

Achilles continued to stare at her as Vittoria fought to keep her eyes away from his.

"Oh Max. . .!" A girls voice drawled out making Karine and Irina perk up and Max groan with a blush painting his cheeks.

A girl with high waisted mom jeans, a baby crop top and platformed converses skipped up to the table.

She had fair skin, jet black hair, and stunning blue eyes.

She was hot.

The girl made herself comfortable on Max's lap and Max shifted while Karine smiled at her.

"Hi. I'm Sage." She stuck her hand out as she noticed Vittoria and Vincenzo.

"Vittoria." Curtly introduced herself as Vincenzo did the same.

"So Max . . . " She turned to him.

"Yes, Sage?" He grumbled.

"You still mad at me?"

"Obviously."

"Alright, well Gavin was acting especially interested in me today so I'll go see him . . ." She trailed off as she stood up.

Max immediately pulled her back down with a frown settled on her face and peppered her cheek with kisses.

"Don't you dare." He said grumpily as he shoved his face in her neck.

She grinned in return.

"What's up with Killian?" Sage said confused as she noticed he was off his rocker today.

"I don't know, but if he keeps staring at Vittoria like that he's going to burn a hole in her face." Karine snorted.
Killian scowled at the girls as Vittoria fought to keep her blush down.

Marcia started to talk.
"So I have a game Friday, you guys going?" She asked cautiously.

"It's your first game as captain. Of course we're going!" Marcella smiled at her sister.

"You're the basketball captain?" Vittoria asked.

Marcia shyly smiled and nodded.

Vittoria grinned and reached over to give the shy girl a high five (which she greatly appreciated).

Sage increased the volume on her hearing aid that sat on top of her ear and listened to what Max was saying.

"So you down for it?" He asked nervously.

"Yes I'll go on a date with you." Sage smiled.
"But." She interrupted making him deflate.
"My dad can't find out." Sage said, obviously scared of her overprotective father.
"Deal." He goofily smiled and took her hand in his.

Irina placed a bookmark in their History textbook and groaned excessively as they felt a migraine coming on.

Max combed his hands through their hair as he hung onto every word that Sage was saying.

Killian occupied himself in texting Alexio to make sure their okay.

Being mute was one thing but some people weren't so accepting of his sexuality which caused Killian to get into many fights.

Hell, he's been arrested twenty two times this year already. That was not a new record.

Alexio could easily take care of themselves but having a big brother who would go bat-shit crazy on someone at any moment without hesitation honestly had its perks.