twenty-four

Wesley smirked as he paced around the bound up woman sitting in front of him.

"Dear, sister." He tutted as the blonde woman struggled against the ropes.

"Why have you betrayed me?" He asked as he forcefully ripped the tape off her mouth.

"I didn't betray you." She heaved out as the breath in her lungs returned.

"Claire tells me different." He argued.

"Really? Claire Romonav?" Trian scoffed.
"She's hated me ever since-" She paused before gulping "I dropped my dead name." She admitted.

"And did you really have to tie me up?" She asked rhetorically as he didn't falter.

(an: a "dead name" is the name that a trans person describes as their biological name, that they change after their journey. btw i could be wrong but that's what my friends call their bio names after they transition)

"C'mon you know she can't be trusted." She scoffed with a certain plead behind her eyes.

Wesley skeptically scanned his sister and followed up on questions before he caved.
The weak spot for his sister still in tact.

"Okay. I believe you." He finally said making her sigh in relief.

"But. You have a mission in a few weeks." He informed her as she nodded tiredly.

"Who is it?" She asked.

"Adelaide Lancaster." He said lazily, reading from a file making her head snap to his.

"But s-she's a minor!" She argued.

"That never stopped you before." He tilted his head in mock confusion.

"I'm not the same person i was six years ago." She chuckled fearfully.

"No, but you did make some new ones." He said vaguely.

When she didn't understand he elaborated.
"You've taught the current generation of Mafia Heirs and Heiresses how to kill and make it look like an accident." A grin slowly came upon his face.

"This will simply be you going against your protégés." He shrugged.

"B-But she didn't go to the AA." She reasoned.

"Well she didn't per se." He beat around the bush as he flipped a page on the file.

"Adelaide Lancaster a trans sixteen year old girl formerly known as Andrew Lancaster. Her identity hidden from the outside world up until her final transition for ensured safety." He read.

"Andrew is Adelaide?" Trian's words shook as she spoke remembering the kid she taught.

"Oh yes. And from what I hear she's very . . . promising to her mafia."

"And we can't have that, now can we?"