eight

It was now Saturday and the brothers have been acting weird ever since Wesley and his group came to their home.

They were always sneaking off at different times of the day, playing "poker" in a locked room at three a.m.

It was fishy.

Both twins knew what was going down. They just didn't say anything.

They weren't going to play dumb about the Mafia.

That would portray them as naive or gullible.

Two things they would never be again.

Though . . . playing dumb about knowing who Kelsie was, was particularly easy.

Obviously the twins didn't genuinely know the woman but she apparently knows about them and their mother.

So if getting any size of information means getting to know her, then pull out the twenty questions.

The twins were currently lounging around the living room when the front door opened.

"Alessandro! If I come up there and your laundry is still on the floor, I'll kill you!" A feminine voice yelled.

The sound of feet hitting the floor hard and fast sounded upstairs and it was obvious his laundry was still on the floor.

"I thought he was in the shower?" Vincenzo glanced at Vittoria.

"He was." Vittoria snorted.

This woman had to be really scary to make him collect his laundry mid-shower.

Kelsie walked into the main foyer where she found the twins in matching hoodies while "A Series of Unfortunate Events" played lowly on the T.V. with their backs turned to her.

Vittoria turned around after hearing her footsteps and Kelsie's breath hitched in her throat.

She looked just as Valeria had described.

Brown silky hair, accompanied by perfectly curved eyebrows.

Long eyelashes enhancing her hazel eyes that came off as a honey color in the light.

Freckles splattered along her cheeks and nose along with plump peach-colored lips.

Her skin was pale but had a slight tan and despite her baggy clothes you could still see her curves and complete figure.

She smiled a dazzling smile but her eyes didn't match it.

Her eyes held determination, confusion, and deep hurt before it was clouded over and covered up.

Kelsie cleared her throat that had just clogged up before reaching her hand out for her to shake as Vincenzo finally noticed her.

"Hi, i'm Kelsie." She said with emphasis on her name.

"I'm Vittoria." She offered with the same emphasis as she provided.

"I'm Vincenzo." He shook her hand as well.

Vincenzo was uncanny to his grandfather.

Fluffy brown hair sat atop of his head, and his eyebrows had that slight arch that reminded the girl of Antonio so much. (She hated Antonio but this boy was his son.)

Piercing green eyes that could be mistaken as blue in a certain light, with beautiful eyelashes.

His cheekbones were cut and his jawline was sharp.

His skin had a paler tone although he did have a slight tan tone to add to his complexion.

He didn't try to hide his confusion but he did offer her a small closed-mouth smile.