Chapter 4: Snow

Luis kept on teasing me the whole time we're changing our clothes. Others may find it weird that a straight guy is bestfriends with a gay guy like me—believe me, I've seen countless people around the school making fun of people that belong to the LGBT community and it's a painful sight to see that I can do something about it but my plan is to come out to my family first.

I wouldn't want anyone to drag me out of the closet just yet. I want to test the water first—I know that it's stuffy inside and self expression is important for all but my sexuality is something that I have to slowly release to my parents. My Dad would definitely understand but my mom... I don't know about her. She's from a Filipino household; born and raised by her parents as a conservative woman. I've heard her comments about gay people she sees like the recent actor that came out as gay and she just casually said,

"He's a good actor but too bad he's gay."

And I can't help but to roll my eyes every time I hear comments from her that have the same context. I know she's not against gays but the customs and old traditions of the Philippines is somewhat... twisted. The youth's perspective in this issue is slowly changing but for the old people? I don't think so.

"So... Ezekiel huh?" Luis said pulling me out of my deep thoughts.

I exhaled for nth time before looking at him. If I can throw daggers with my eyes, he'd be dead by now.

"Luisito, Ezekiel is not my type. He's a friend alright and our gardener but nothing more!"

"Really?"

"Really! I mean... look at the guy! He looks ruthless and arrogant! His brown, tanned skin and long hair that can literally be made into a broom are characteristics that don't attract me, okay? I would much rather flirt with that clean cut, classy guy I saw."

"But Ezekiel is popular with the girls..." he meaningfully said and I scoffed so loud out of pure disgust.

"Then girls can have him! For the love of neptune- Toblerone and Ferrero are some of the chocolates I know and that doesn't include a walking chocolate that can catch fish."

"Hmm... be careful what you say Eero. What you don't want now may end up biting you."

"I would much rather bite him back so he can back off." I rolled my eyes before getting my phone and wallet. I've learned my lesson. Cash is a necessity outside, that's for sure. "Are you done? Let's go!"

"Fine! So excited to see Ezekiel?"

"One more word from you and you're going to regret that your name is Luis!"

The dickhead laughed at me before finally getting his bag and draping his arm around my shoulder.

We went downstairs and out of the house only to see Ezekiel talking to my bodyguards. His eyes immediately found mine and he went to one of the cars parked in our garage.

"Ready to go?" he started and my forehead creased immediately.

"Why are we taking one of our cars? Where's your pick up?" I asked.

"Papa is using it now so sir Earth said we use one of your cars instead."

No fun. I like to feel the cold breeze of the afternoon air and the thrill of not wearing a seat belt. It's weird, I know but the thought of having a certain level of thrill makes my heart jump for unknown reasons. 

I don't know what changed. I don't know why I got so comfortable with Ezekiel when in fact, his presence and his long messy hair alone can annoy me enough for the entire day.

I was quiet for a few minutes, thinking of a fun thing to do until I realized something.

"Then can we take the Hilux instead?" I suggested and he shrugged.