Chapter 16: The Place Is Less Scarier With Him Around

Amber was rather quiet while we are in the nearby restaurant they saw. She looked at me last few weeks ago like she's irritated by the thought of my being there but now... I can feel that she's softer and I don't know why.

"So what happened?" Zeki persuaded everyone to tell him the thing that made us all hungry.

"My God! Can't you at least give us time to eat?" she rolled her eyes and I saw how Zeki pouted like he knows something is funny.

"Why are you so irritated? You used to be a sweet child." Zeki said in a very playful tone and in just a snap of a fnger, I felt Amber's eyes on me.

Her name fits her eyes really well— it screams burning.... anger or a feeling that is too intense for me to handle.

I saw how she took a deep breath before finally shaking her head.

"That's in the past. Also, I am not the one responsible why I changed— why everything changed. Especially—"

"Amber..." Zeki said in a low growl and just like that, his sister shut her mouth.

"Uh... Eero, thanks again for... earlier." Nina said in a shy tone and I just smiled at her.

"It's no big deal, really. It's a matter of basic human rights and equality, you know." I answered as-a-matter-of-factly and as I turned to my left, I saw Zeki looking at me while his chin is resting on his palm. "What?"

"Now I'm curious... what happened?"

I rolled my eyes and decided to focus on my food. This guy is hopeless. He can be alluring, funny, witty and an idiot all at the same time.

I let him talk for what felt like hours but none of us talked back. I was eating my ice cream as a dessert when I felt prying eyes directed at us.

Just as I turned my head around to look particularly no where, I saw how the girls around are shamelessly gawking at the man beside me.

They were basically drooling over him.

Well, Eero, you can't blame them. You jack3d off first day in the morning after waking up next to him.

"Can you cover your face?" I whispered as I leaned closer to him.

"Hmm?"

"Zeki, they're looking at you." I pointed out, if he doesn't know but I doubt that.

"And so?"

See! He knows!

"Zeki, can you like, let us be in peace while eating? They are basically gawking at you like you are some sort of unexplored species."

"Well they haven't explored me, that's for sure." he said almost a whisper and my jaw literally fell on the floor! Oh my God!

Images of him lying in bed while peacefully sleeping with his half body naked and his private part covered in thin sheets!

Oh good Lord!

"Whatever." I mumbled as I took a teaspoon of ice cream.

I felt the prying eyes again but this time, it was the two girls in front of us. I unconsciously raised my eyebrow at them and Nina smirked before shaking her head.

"You two look cute together." she spat and Amber snorted because of her words.

"Oh please... I'm done falling for straight guys. Been there, done that."

"Oh my gosh, you did!?" Nina dramatically asked and I nodded in defeat.

"Unfortunately, yes. A suicide mission, I know."