Chapter 12: I Saved You

The crashing waves of the beach filled my ears as the salty afternoon wind blew. It somewhat gave me solace for whatever discomfort I'm feeling but that short peace was interrupted when I heard a dog barking from a far. I saw a leash connected on the dog's neck. The dog looks familiar but I just don't know where have I seen it.

"What did you do!" shouted a kid from afar. Even with my curiosity working, I couldn't find the urge to move or listen even more. My focus is on that dog climbing on the rock formations.

I was really minding my own business when my heart leaped with the dog when it fell on the rock formations!

I unconsciously got on my feet and was ready to run and save the dog when I suddenly saw red tainting the blue waters of the sea.

My feet froze on the spot where I'm standing. It felt cold... like I was powerless and incapacitated. It felt like fear but was mixed with horror and... longing?

"Earth I told you he needs one of those sessions again!" mom's voice echoed that made my eyes opened.

It was a dream again.

My eyelids felt heavy. I was too tired to keep them open. I slowly looked at my parents and mom immediately saw me.

"Eero!" she said as she sat beside me. "Honey are you okay? How are you feeling?"

"I'm good mom." I weakly replied before looking at Dad. "What happened?"

Dad looks distressed just by looking at his eyes. I have so many questions in my mind right now but what I want to know is... why did I faint?

"Don't you remember anything? Lennox brought you here yesterday."

"Y-Yesterday!" my eyes widened in shock as I tried to stand up but my body felt weak like I ran a marathon for a whole ass night.

"Don't worry Eero. We already talked to your professors. They will let you take you midterms once you get better."

I heaved a sigh as I shook my head in disbelief. I don't remember being this weak as a kid. I have always been energetic so what really happened before this is just out of my reach.

"What do you remember?" Dad asked and honestly...

"I don't remember Dad."

"What's the last thing you saw?"

My forehead creased as I tried hard to remember what really bothered me that made my head ache that much. I only remember the excruciating pain I felt like I wasn't going to make it but other than that...

"A mirror." words left my mouth as realization hit me.

"A mirror?" Dad said and sat beside mom too. "Why would you faint because of a mirror? There are no physical injuries."

"Earth—"

"Amanda, I'm just saying. Your son is not a weak man so why would he faint because he saw a mirror?"

I felt the tension between them and it was an intense one. I sensed how mom was holding back and so as Dad. It felt like there's an unspoken war between them but they won't let me know about it.

"Mom what's happening?" I can't help but ask.

"Your Dad and I need to talk. Stay here and rest for the whole day, okay? I'll have your food served here." she turned to me as she gave me a gentle smile before kissing my forehead.

With that, both of them left and I heard nothing from them again.

I took a deep breath as I looked at the window where the curtains are being blown by the wind. The balcony's door is open and I don't know what has gotten into me that I managed to stand up, although I'm feeling weak, before sitting on the chair in front of the coffee table.