Chapter 21: Decision

Hi there! Please don't forget to vote and leave a comment. It helps me to stay motivated. Thanks! 😘 Enjoy!

--------------

I glanced at my luggage while holding the key card of my new unit. My mind wandered about almost everything that's happening in my life. I don't have the energy anymore to deal with them but I have to.

It's been days since I last spoke to my parents. I can't really face them now because I'm afraid we'll only end up shouting at each other's face. The gruesome truth that I learned for a short period of time is enough for me to leave that house and get my own place.

I don't want to depend on my parents anymore. I'm in my early 20's and I still do what they want me to do. I still answer to their biddings without any questions because I thought they will be pleased.

But I guess that's not the case with my Dad. I now firmly believe that being an obedient son is just a plot to control a man. Being an obedient son is nothing but a trick where you thought you're going to be rewarded for being one but you'll only end up being manipulated everytime they have the chance.

And I don't want that anymore. Even if I have to start from scratch and be a freelance designer — away from my Dad's wing, I will gladly do so. I will do everything just to keep my sanity. It's severely damaged for years and I don't want to risk it again just to keep the smiles on my parents' face.

I've had enough and I also believe I've done enough.

The sound of the lift served as a wake up call, telling me that I'm now on the right floor.

The door opens and it revealed a magnificent hallway covered in expensive marble while the whole area was painted brown, white and gold; giving it an extravagant look. The yellow lights gave the illusion like everything is glowing in gold.

A sad smile crept on my face as I walked towards my unit.

I don't know now how much money I spent just to get this unit but it's a decent one compared to my penthouse in BGC. Here, I managed to buy a two bedroom unit with my own balcony. I spent a few millions but that's fine. I still have my trust funds and other assets that I bought when I was still in the university.

I heard the dinging sound of the elevator at my back and I immediately heard a baritone voice spoke to me.

"Where should I put these?"

The sadness that I have, suddenly vanished when I heard his voice.

For the past days, he stayed beside me without asking any questions. I instantly understood that he isn't a nosy guy but I know he is curious as to what had happened back there.

Nevertheless, he still managed not to touch that part of my life and just focused on helping me buy stuff for my new place.

The Mandani Bay is one of the famous condo around Cebu. This is one of the many establishments that my Dad doesn't own. Now that I think of it, he really has a lot of competitors in this industry. Not that I care.

I looked at Ezekiel who's carrying two huge boxes that contains some of my stuff. I really appreciate him sticking around when I don't have anyone left beside me. I just hope he'll be one of the constants in my life.

"Inside." I smiled at him and immediately walked inside my unit.

Zeki helped me with almost everything when I called him that night. He understood everything and picked me up first day in the morning. He made me stay in his place while we search for a unit where I can now call my home.

I've made a few investments when I was still in college with the money my parents are giving me. Maybe they thought that was enough for me to feel loved and valued.