Chapter 9: Leash

His bicycle stopped on the side not far from the back gate. I immediately got off from his bike and was about to walk away but Ezekiel immediately caught my arm.

"What's happening to you?" he asked, his voice was laced with concern.

Or am I just hearing things now? The fuck, I don't know either!

"I'm tired. Let go." I replied in a commanding tone but he didn't do it. His firm gripped even tightened when I tried pulling it away from him. "Ezekiel!" I shouted and I honestly don't care if the guards will catch me by now.

"Why are you so rude and mad earlier? You were so happy just before we arrive at my house!"

"I was irritated. Your girlfriend was being unreasonable and I hate people that are unreasonable!"

But am I also being one?

Eero why are you even contesting yourself!

"It's just the way she is Eero—"

"Then tell her to do me the biggest favor; get out of my sight when I'm around because I don't like her."

"Why?"

"Are you an investigator? You want to know every why's in the world!? Get a fucking life!" I said in gritted teeth as I harshly pulled my arm off of his grip. "Thanks for today. I'll get Snow soon."

"W-What? Where did that decision come from?"

"You deaf dude? It came from me! That's my dog!"

"Our dog Eero—"

"Well you better find a new one because that dog will leave that house." I pushed him away to have some distance between us because he's beginning to get closer and closer— it feels suffocating!

I turned my back at him and immediately pushed the gates open. I saw how the guards were alerted but I couldn't care less. They could tell my parents for all I care.

"Sir Eero where did you go—"

"Tell my parents about this and you'll lose your job for not containing me inside the mansion." I said without even thinking about my words as I stomped across the garden where it leads me to the back door.

I saw that my parents' cars are not here yet and that's a relief. I would much rather eat or at least shop online than to hear my mom's words again like I'm listening to a broken cassette tape.

I stormed inside the mansion and I honestly want to throw some vintage vases but I stopped myself from doing so. I am so mad right now that I might punch the first person I see.

My room's door burst open as I kicked it and finally slumped onto my bed. The rage within me is slowly growing and I honestly don't have any idea why. All I know is that, he lied to me and I hate people lying! I hate when people can't tell their real feelings or even opinions towards me.

I feel like everyone around me is just acting up because I'm the son of the richest man here in Cebu! They treat me like how a normal person should be treated but never as an equal. They treated me with high regards but never treated me like a friend. Everyone was like that even in school! I've had a few of my so called circle of friends but I know they just associate with me because they are as lonely as I am. They were instructed by their parents to befriend me so they can have a business connection with my parents and I hated that reality.

Everyone was just being nice because of money, power or connections and I'm sick and tired of that. I just want someone to be honest with me like I am their equal!

Luis is one but I barely see him because people are always judging him because we're close. There are rumors I heard that Luis befriended me because he's poor and I was nearly expelled because I scrapped a cutter onto a boy's arm after I heard it.